All reviewsnice poolhot showerlegian streetstandard roomlane
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

We went directly to Kuta area and searching for hotel to stay, from hotel to hotel asking the price. My nephew wanted a cheap hotel but lux with swimming pool.
My nephew remembered that once he stay at Kubu Hotel, then we go to that hotel.

At first, the reception show us the lowest price, the room located at second floor, the aisle to room was gloomy.

Finally we got the room downstair near the pool, the room was 107 and 106, it was nice, warm and big, for a cheapest hotel the room was big.

The wifi connection was great at first but on the second day, it turns out no connection. You should go to front desk to get connection.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Clean enough rooms, at a good price. Air con worked well. Wifi was sketchy at best. Biggest plus was the staff, always eager to help with any information needed. Far enough away from the party strip that it was quiet every night. Highly recommended

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Located on famous Poppies street, they do have swimming pool, very simple breakfast and simple room. Some room don't have AC. with also simple amenities. Good for backpacker. Surrounding you can find laundry service, nice Greek restaurant.

Be careful using travel agent by the street many are untrue.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank jwawondatu
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

We just walked past the kubu hotel after looking at many same priced places.
Honestly. ..it's the nicest of them all and that's why I was sad having to leave to find another place. Rooms on main two buildings beside pool are bright and look very clean they are actually painting the corridors and so on. But unfortunately after using the WiFi in the room (top connection) we read some reviews about bed bugs and checked... guess what? The mattress was full of bed bugs excrements and we've found also some dead bugs under the mattress.
We went down to reception to ask for a room change... I have to say that the young staff here is exceptionally nice, also the young manager is. They went with us to look at another room and it was the same. Then we got a very moldy room (upgrade in class though) which they don't rent out a lot.. that room had no bugs but was too moldy... no windows and a too strong mold smell. In the evening we said to them that we would have loved to stay longer but in a normal non moldy room. We have been shown another one and that had again the same problem, so we unfortunately gave up and looked for a new place to stay.
Bed bugs are brought by travellers... even though the hotel is clean. But it's quite annoying when they bite you and even more if you take them home with you.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VDM85
Reviewed 13 September 2015

I first arrived at Kubu hotel in Kuta meeting my cousin who had previously stayed there. I arrived at 2 am and Kubu sent someone to get me from the airport and kept me company till the wee hours of the morning. They treated us like family, the rooms were clean and cool. And the breakfast is delicious! They were always there to greet me in the morning. Most of all it was our homebase in Indonesia, we left our huge suitcases (we never should have brought), took the things we needed to travel bali and the gili islands in a backpack, and returned to kubu between trips if needed. All of our things were safe and sound after a month of being at Kubu. I trust this place. Selfie (the most entertaining woman) across the street will do your laundry and when I return to indonesia I will stay here again

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family