“Not Near Main Shopping, Beach, Bars and Restaurants”

Kuta Central Park Hotel
Ranked #64 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Manila, Philippines
“Not Near Main Shopping, Beach, Bars and Restaurants”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

There are much better options in Bali. The hotel is nicely decorated. There is a nice pool and breakfast is good. Interior rooms are lit by an artificial skylight with flourescent lighting. Better than nothing... Service is often confusing for staff as they scramble inefficiently to get a lot of things done. I had bartenders follow me up to my room to get me to sign a bar bill after I left the bar. :-s The pool was mainly overrun by large groups (10+) of twenty-something Australians. They were often in the pool and at the swim up bar drinking all day long. I felt that the location of this hotel was way too far removed from the shopping, beaches and nightlife. You have to take taxis into the main areas of Bali or else walk for 30+ minutes. I had to wait up to 30 minutes for taxis at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not an interior room so you can have a window.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jen31373
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

We only stayed here one night before we were off to the Gilli Islands. Room was huge with a very comfy bed. Very clean and huge bathroom. Did not use any facilities but pool looked very nice and staff were friendly.
Not sure if it is in a good location or not as I was very lost when we arrived and we never ventured out as we just flew in from Australia so we were exhausted seemed to be only about 20 mins from airport so not bad if you want central Kuta.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie S
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

It's been a good time to stay in Quest hotel. I think for hotel in Bali quest giving a good value. What I like a most that they can serve a good simple food, with a good presentation. I'm not a imagine that quest can give a nice food presentation like 5 stars hotel.
The spa it's great, the message are great so relaxing. For a business traveler or vacation, it's a good place stay.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank putera
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Stay for 4D3N at Quest Kuta Hotel with a student group in September. Their customer service was impeccable with every staff greeting you with their palm to their heart every time you pass by them. Their breakfast spread was alright for a 3-star hotel with mostly Asian food like noodles, fried rice and a small spread of waffles, pancakes, bread and omelette. The hotel is located near the Legion beach (within walking distance), but otherwise you may wish to take the shuttle bus provided by the hotel (subjected to schedules and number of people).

The room was great; very spacious (big enough to probably do a hopscotch). The room that I stayed in had two balconies (corner room) but the view was just um the opposite building, I think. Bathroom was relatively large with the necessary amenities. They had a flat screen TV attached to the wall with large range of international TV channels.

Only thing was that their corridors aren't brightly lit so some guests who have their rooms near some end staircase may request for a room nearer to the lifts. Some of the students requested for a different room due to this reason, and the front desk staff was very polite in arranging for a new room. While the students were out for their activities, they also had the staff to bring their luggages to the new room.

For some reason, the WIFI in my room doesn't work but you may use the computers located at the sitting area lounge for free. There are two stations for you to use. You may also print documents if you need to, but for a nominal fee. Just let the front desk staff know and they will ask you to send it to their email account.

They also have a small swimming pool and sunbeds (although I don't think you'd get much of the sun there). If you prefer a smaller and a more private pool as compared to the crowded Kuta beach, opt for a dip right at the hotel :)

Hence my verdict is, a value-for-money hotel although not located right in the middle of the beach area, but as a traveller, I wouldn't mind walking while exploring the location. Sometimes you might come across stuff you might not find in touristy areas. And oh, there is a Giant supermarket (shampoos were cheap! lol) and a DIY store (they sell electronic household stuff) within 5 mins of walking distance.

Room Tip: Get corner rooms if you want bigger rooms although be expected to walk along not-so-brightly-lit roo...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank voxypop
QuestKuta, Public Relations Manager at Kuta Central Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Thank you for your feedback! We have immediately increased the lighting by replacing all the light bulbs in all corridors with higher watt bulbs so it should be much brighter now.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

My sister and I arrived late on the Thursday evening to find that the hotel room that I had book direct with the Hotel was not available, they were SOLD out, I booked this 3 months ago!! We would have to share a Kingsize bed until they could find us twin beds. They said that this could be the day after the next, we were only staying for 4 nights. After I asked them again the next day, I was told that we would have a Twin room with a balcony, the room we had was overlooking the Kids play area and no balcony. Not at any stage were we apologised to for the inconvenience. I also had to ask for our welcome drinks.

The breakfast left alot to be desired, very disappointed.

The staff were very pleasant but i must say we were disappointed that we were not thanked for staying there or asked if we had a good time etc. I felt that the usual banter that you get all over the world, and especially in Bali, from hotel staff was lacking.

Hotel was way to far away from everything. The hotel was fairly clean but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: You can ask for whatever you want, but you probably wont get it anyway. I was in email contact with...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen S
Karen, thank you for your feedback and Im sorry to hear of the difficulties experienced during your stay. I met with the team to work out every issue you mentioned as it is definitely not our standard. If a guest books directly with the hotel not only are they supposed to get everything they've asked for in their reservation but should be treated with priority as a way to say thank you for booking directly with us. Usually we get excellent comments regarding the staff in Quest Kuta as well as all of our hotel across Bali. Im very sorry you dint get to experience the wonderful Balinese hospitality. I hope you will come again for your next trip to Bali so we have a chance to give you better service.