“Awesome Place - Highly Recommend”
Review of Pro Surf School

Pro Surf School
Ranked #2 of 168 Outdoor Activities in Kuta
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf with the top surf school in Bali - voted "Best Surf School in Bali" for 3 consecutive years by Magic Wave Surf Community Magazine. Pro Surf School offers comprehensive surfing lessons for beginners, intermediate and advanced surfers, as well as surf trips around Bali and surf camps.
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Brilliant place, excellent service by lovely staff. Over the road from the beach, has great food and beverage. Definitely worth checking out if for a chilled out meal, evening drinks or surf lesson.

2  Thank JennaGoldCoast
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Kuta - Good surf - great for beginners more there is alot of other surf spots around Bali - Although Kuta brings in big waves when there is a swell

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the surf camp for a week, taking surf lessons for 5 days and I could not ask for a better experience! The staff were super friendly and by the 2nd day knew pretty much everyone's name. The location is perfect - directly across the street from the beach and within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The onsite restaurant serves great food as well - I highly recommend the apple pie!
Surf lessons were in stages - indoors to check your form then out to the ocean. The pool portion was usually in the beginning of the second lesson for about 20 - 30 minutes to again, check your form and position before deciding which waves we were suited to and if we could graduate to a shorter board, then back out to the ocean. Everyone was very attentive and I could definitely stand by the end of the first lesson and surf green waves by the end of the week!
On top of everything, the vibe of the camp is awesome - the rooms are really nice and I met so many travellers from all over the world - it seems that the camp attracts only chill and friendly people! Frank, the owner, tries to make sure to introduce everyone to each other as well, especially if you are travelling alone which is such a nice gesture! Overall, an incredible experience and I will be back for sure!!!!

3  Thank GTsnowracer
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We had the beginners lesson and was impressed by the facilities at the place which were great. Even though the first lesson was pricey (about 45 euros each I think!) we booked with them since any subsequent lessons are discounted and we were intending to do a couple more.

The lesson starts with some learning inside, then you move onto the beach. For the inside part we had an instructor who spoke fluent English, then when it's time to go to the beach, he says bye and two others appear. They were two young Indonesian guys and their English was fine but not great. Anyway we headed down to the beach and they split us into 2 groups so there was only 2-3 people with an instructor which was great. Me and my boyfriend had 1 instructor to ourselves which was really handy. He helped us get positioned into the waves, told us when to get on and stand up which was really helpful at first. However like with anything you learn at you need to be able to be taught how to do it then learn from your mistakes. But the instructor kept taking my board to certain parts in the water then helped me catch the wave everytime. My boyfriend by this point was trying his own thing in deeper waters, which is what I wanted to do, but everytime I tried to catch my own wave the instructor was there helping me turn my board around!

To be honest I wasn't bothered too much by this during the lesson since I thought I would surf again the next day and try it more myself then. However when we got back inside after the lesson the instructor told me that I would not be able to progress to the next surf lesson in the sea, instead he recommended I do the lesson in the pool, which is basically learning to paddle and stand in the pool. I had NO problems standing up on the surf board in the sea, I stood about 80% of the time! Then he told my boyfriend the same, which surprised me since he didn't even watch my boyfriend once in the sea because he was too busy dragging my surf board around! So if we wanted to carry on with the lessons we'd have to spend 30 euros each on a lesson in the pool before getting back in the sea! Sounded a bit backwards and a complete waste of money to me.

Do yourself a favour and hire a surfboard for 100,000 rupiah from a local Indonesian guy at Legian beach, give him another 60,000 rph and he'll come in with you and give you a lesson. He'll probably speak better English and he won't have any incentive to help you too much or too little. Save yourself some money, spend it on Bintang instead and enjoy your holiday.

2  Thank 111_Ash
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Having never tried to surf I thought where better else than Bali. I found this place through guidebooks and by watching their classes on the beach. The lesson was great and my instructors were very helpful. They were very thorough and fun. Only thing is I felt it was a little pricey. I think you can get a discount if you visit a tourist booth and ask about the place.....but ask at school first to know what you need to get the discount.

2  Thank alltraveln0w0rk