“Nothing Special”

Green Garden Spa
Ranked #12 of 136 Spas & Wellness in Kuta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Set amidst frangipani garden and beautiful pool, this spa facility is located inside the Green Garden Hotel - well known for its quality but very affordable. Treatments are privately conducted in an air-conditioned spa studio with very clean standard or private rooms for deluxe packages. This day spa is ideal for couples and mature travelers but families with small children might not be suitable due to restricted space available for play.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was given a Foot Massage voucher included in my stay at the Green Garden Hotel,Tuban. On the day of my booking I had to wait for their transport to pick me up as the Spa is at their sister hotel 1 kilometre away.After arriving at The Green Garden Spa we waited in reception & then eventually escorted to the Spa room which was small & basic. The foot massage was lovely as one would expect.We then waited to be transported back to our hotel. After many trips to Asia & being a Beautician & Massage Therapist for 16 years myself I enjoy luxury treatments but found this one to be mediocre.

1  Thank Kay P

Reviewed 20 April 2012

There's nothing really bad about the spa, but there's nothing that would warrant it as the #3 attraction in Kuta (what I see on trip advisor). Its really really average. What works in its favour is probably the price, but that's about it.

Place is reasonably clean, and its curtains as partitions, but walls. So, at any point in the massage, you will hear the other conversations that happens with the other massages, people entering, leaving, saying thank you, etc etc. Not super relaxing, but what I would expect from a very average or lower-end massage place. Quality of the actual massage - very average.

A few irks - they asked me to pay in full before I start. Hmmm... I booked a 1.5 hour massage for myself and 1 hour pedicure and 1 hour shoulder massage for my friend. When I arrived, I was told that the 1 hour pedicure and 1 hour shoulder massage will go on in parallel, not sequentially. I told them that the reason why we book both massages is I do not want my friend to have to wait 30 min for me, but they insisted they do not have therapists available to do it sequentially. I accepted it, but in the end I noticed there's no other new customers and there's lot of therapist sitting around anyway, so I really wonder what's going on? Also, half way through my own massage, suddenly someone came into my room and have a hush conversation with my therapist, and suddenly my therapist woke me up and removed the towel that covered my eyes, to have a direct eye-contact conversation with me "Is your massage one hour or 1.5 hours"? I explained mine is 1.5 hours; whilst my friend is 1 hour, she seemed relived and continued. What kind of experience is that? I was awoke from my near slumber.

After the massage we were hungry and decided to grab a quite bite at their cafe, which seemed to be seeming with staff and with only 1 table occupied. BIG mistake. Waiting for a super long time, I wanted to cancel one order after I noticed grimaces at the other table when the food was served. Long story short - super lousy food, service, and expensive for that quality of food!

AVOID at all cost !!!

2  Thank JamJamFlyer
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We booked 7 people from our hotel and after hearing good reviews we decided to try, they picked us up and dropped us back off complimentary to sentosa which is in seminyak. On arrival they were very friendly we got given drinks and the menu to choose from, I chose the Bali for her and my partner chose Bali for him it was very relaxing and the massage was awesome, my partner had a stone massage and he said it was very good. I would deff go back there and very cheap 3 hours for about 40 Aussie dollars and good friendly service.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

They are a very professional spa, the price is a bit more $$ than on the street but well worth the extra $$. Need to make a booking as they get very busy.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Nice grounds and nice spa cottage.
Very relaxing.
My friend and i went did the chocolate indulgence package together. We received a drink on arrival and refreshments, with fresh fruit towards the end, The oils, scrub, masks, facial prducts, etc were all very lovely and smelt delicious!! This added to the experience.
Staff thought didn't pay attention to detail like a few other spas we also visited on our trip. For example, my therapist kept knocking the bed, which i found interrupted my relaxation.
We were also on a tight time frame and we went a bit over time, which caused us to worry a bit. It did seem though that the staff were rushing throughout out treatment, but still went over time.
Some of the staff were also not in the correct uniform, which made them seem less professional.
We had lunch before our spa package and were very impressed with the food!