“Pleasant stay”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #123 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed one night on my way to Sydney. I got the complimentary one way shuttle from the airport. I was upgraded to a superior room which was very spacious. The staff were extremely friendly and when I had an issue with the bath tap and a missing room service order they fell over themselves to sort the problems out. The room Walls are quite thin. The plasmas are attached to the Walls and you can hear tvs coming through the wall from next door. The doors are quite difficult to close so it was a lot of slamming along the corridor during the night that can wake you up. It is about a 10 minute walk to the main road for restaurants and ATM's. The hotel is situated down some back street roads.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the front road
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
tommyBWRK, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +62811395924.

BEST WESTERN Resort Kuta

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We're being upgraded to deluxe for free.
room is quite nice, spacious, clean.
Since I'm at the most front room beside the street.
you can still hear sound from street near the door.
but on bed it's fine.
Breakfast is great with variety of choices, Indonesian and western

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2012

They say that customer service in key and in this situation it was.

The Good:
- Deep big pool
- Good pool bar
- Great dinner
- Great breakfast
- Great cheap cocktails and beer
- Personalized service
- Quiet and relaxing
- Pool bar stays open as long as you keep spending (how it should be)
- Grounds diesel fogged regularly meaning I never saw 1 insect!
- Circle K literately across the road (pool to Circle K for beers and back >2min)
- Clean

The Bad:
- Pool had some black mold and missing tiles.
- Location is behind waterbom park down a slightly dodgy alleyway.

The fact that the staff remembered our names without ever asking us what they were was amazing. They were always respectful and helpful. The welcome drink was too good!

Ive stayed at Kuta Paradiso (3 nights) and Hard Rock (7 nights) and to be honest, when I return ill be staying here again because its such a better hotel and pretty cheap. Whilst staying at the Hard Rock I walked to the Best Western to drink in their pool bar!
This is how a hotel should be,

Room Tip: Get a pool view room on ground floor!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Overall, this hotel was good value considering the cheap room rates, but it wasn't without its "issues." The staff were always happy and willing to help. The room was roomy and modern and the breakfast included a wide range of Asian and Western foods. Free wifi and a large wall-mounted plasma in my room were also big pluses. Unfortunately i kept getting 'sewer' smells through my room at random times, which were very off-putting. Credit card key meant no power when you went out anywhere, so you always returned to a hot & humid room. The laneways to central Kuta were fine during the day but at night were dimly lit in stretches and mangy-looking dogs didn't help.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank dodgee

Reviewed 2 May 2012

The rooms here are very spacious, clean and well equipped. I was on the first floor and found it quiet and peaceful. I considered it good value for a night in kuta mid way through my holiday but as others have commented the location is not great - not that close to any of the main parts of kuta yet not in a quiet and relaxing neighbourhood either.

Stayed: April 2012