“Nice Hotel, Superb Location”

Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 7D/6N in late June 2012 and it was as how I had expected it to be. Quaint, peaceful and very pleasant. Although there wasn't much of the sea to see from my seaview deluxe room, lying down on the daybed on the balcony watching the sunset, and listening to the waves crashing on Kuta beach was, to me, very calming.

The staff at the reception were very friendly and helpful. The Guest Relations Officer took his time explaining about what the hotel offers, what are the things that are included in my stay and so on. The welcome drink was superb, and a definite thirst-quencher. They were equally helpful upon checkout too.

The bell boy caried our luggage up to the third floor. I wish there is an easier way for him to do that. But, the smile never left his face, as he explained the amenities inside the room, explained how to use the room safe, and what is chargeable and what isn't. We never got to try the free 15-minute massage at the spa that was thrown into the deal as well as our schedule was somewhat tight. Hopefully when we return we'd get to do it.

The breakfast spread was good. I personally love the pancakes and croissant. Even the staff at the Rosso Vivo were very friendly and service was fast. However, I hope they would remember the teaspoon when they serve coffee/tea to the guests. This place gets lively at night playing excellent music as you chill down. The pool is also nice, located next to the Rosso Vivo.

Wi-fi: you prepay for one, two or four hours. The rates are cheap. The good thing is, you can logout when you're not using and your time usage stops. The only thing is if you are on the third floor, it can be pretty unstable. Perhaps the Management could consider putting up wifi routers on each level or something to that effect.

The hotel is in a great location. You have McD, a 24-hour convenience store, and a food court next door. The Hard Rock Cafe is 5 minutes to the left, and the beach is just across the road.

My wife and I left the hotel with a heavy heart, and we would definitely return during our next stay in Bali.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank John S

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We recently spent 4 nights over a 3 week span in this lovely, quaint hotel. The restaurant was outstanding, the hotel was clean and nicely upscale. Well kept, incredible staff, fantastic value. Would highly recommend it!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Buzz D
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel, where as the hotel itself was very good, the room we stayed in was spoilt by the construction next door. I know the hotel could do nothing about the noise but this will be there for another twelve months or so, so any intending guests be aware. There is also the DJ they have playing music from about three in the afternoon. He played a lot of techno music and it was played far to loud. It could be heard clearly for a 100 metres up and down Kuta beach. As for the pool and dining area it was impossible to sit there and have any form of relaxation. My wife complained to the DJ and he turned the music down, but intending visitors be aware. We stayed in the top room and thought value for money was a little wanting in these areas.............

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My Friend and I headed here for a coffee and a drink on a few afternoons to watch the sunset over Kuta Beach. Great lounge area with large red umbrellas.......a good DJ played Ministry style music from 5pm onwards. Good Servise and nice coffee and cocktails.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MsJenA
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I booked directly with the website this was a little cheeky as they added tax to price only after the final booking page. I arrived at the hotel and was warmly greeted with flower garland and a welcome fresh juice. The staff were very nice, they took payment for the room and then told me they had a problem with their booking system and were fully booked. They explained that I would spend my 1st night in a different hotel and then the other 2 nights in this hotel, they offered a complimentary massage. I refused and said this wasnt good enough, we eventually came to an agreement that they would downgrade me for the first night and upgrade me for the other two nights. They accidently charged me twice but realised and refunded the second transaction immediately.
The downgrade room was a deluxe room I think it was the last room they had available for a reason, the balcony faced another building, there was a rooster screeching from 5am onwards. The only other problem was the towels were grey not white.
The breakfast was of a very average standard, it included some nice cakes, crossaints, fresh fruits and fresh omlettes. However, the rest of the buffet was strange including items like fried chicken and chicken curry.
The upgraded room was not any better, the bathroom looked a bit nicer except it had the worst shower in the world and shot in every direction except down.
I really enjoyed my stay in bali but the hotel was very average, the pool and spa were nice and I never managed to try the restaurant. I would recommend the hotel as its in a good location but I would say dont expect much from it.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms hardly show the sea so dont waste your money on them.