“Seafood restaurants”

Ranked #2 of 52 things to do in Jimbaran
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This peaceful beach is well known for its wealth of seafood restaurants.
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We went to one of the 'middle' restaurants. OK food and price OK but forgettable.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great beach and sand at hotel Lots of chairs and shade.
Beautiful pools. Service is out of this world.
Nothing to dislike in paradise

Reviewed 15 February 2012

We got to Jimbaran after sunset, so I can't comment whether that was great or not. Can't comment on the cleanliness of the beach either,(which seems to have disappointed some of the previous reviewers) as it was too dark to see.

However, I can say that the setting was great - the tables were barely 10 feet from the waves, and it was really an experience sitting down for a meal there.
The waves were pretty big and loud, and the wind was whipping our hair every which way - it was all very exhilarating especially for the kids, who were also amazed at the table and chairs that slanted as they sank in the sand with our weight on them!

There was a show going on in the restaurant next to ours, (I think we were at the first restaurant as you get to the stretch of restaurants, if the beach is on your left) so we got to watch some traditional dances while waiting for our food A man selling grilled corn on the beach kept the (hungry) kids going until the food arrived.

The disapointing thing was that while waiting for our food, it started to pour (and I mean really pour) with rain - without any warning. We just grabbed our things and ran into the restaurant for shelter. Things were chaotic for a while after that as everyone had to be relocated - i'm not sure what happened to the people who were in the midst of their meal, I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to get their food to shelter in time. But maybe the restaurant has contingency plans for just such a mishap?

We then had to have our dinner in the restaurant, which didn’t seem to be made for indoor dining, as it was quite cramped. I must say the staff did a good job getting everyone's orders correct, as all the tables and diners were mixed up. I don’t know how they figured out who had ordered what!

The food was good, not excellent, but okay for the price. Unfortunately the lady who was at the counter where you choose your seafood and placed your order was the only grumpy, not- very-helpful person we met on the whole of Bali island!

It was really the ambience that made the experience good, and I’m sure it would have been even more interesting if we had been able to have our meal outside – would have been challenging eating with the wind trying to snatch every mouth from your fork!
I would recommend this outing as something interesting to do during a trip to Bali.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Jimbaran is blossoming. It's far enough away from the gross parts of Bali. And it's close enough that you're in amongst the action too. Jimbaran still has a lovely village atmosphere. And the seafood restaurants on the beach area amazing, whole lobsters with local beer and so cheap. And cute cafes and unique boutiques, it's just a lovely part of the world.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I like to go to the Jimbaran bay fish market. Lots of choice at cheap prices. This is a pure old school fish market. Afterwards you can have your fish grilled cheaply and then take it home.
The tourist restaurants are good for the location on the beach but I didn't like them much when I went with my kids. You pay more for location than quality of food I reckon.

3  Thank MiCaSoSwan