“First stay at the Ayana Resort 27.4.2012” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AYANA Resort and Spa

AYANA Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Perth, Australia
“First stay at the Ayana Resort 27.4.2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

A fantasticl resort!! Beautiful gardens with stunning views. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I would recommend the Ayana Resort to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday in an amazing location! It was my first visit but definitely not my last. The room was luxurious and comfortable. check in and check out was timely and efficient. I

Room Tip: My room overlooking the golf course was quiet. When booking make sure you request a room near to any...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Honolulu, Hawaii USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

The Ayana Resort and Spa is a lovely hotel. We stayed here for two weeks in February for a relaxing couple’s getaway. The landscaping is beautiful, the pools are wonderful, and the Rock Bar has a spectacular view. Overall, I’m not sorry we stayed here, but I would most likely not stay here again. The best part of the hotel is the spa---it truly is amazing! The Aquatonic pool alone is worth a visit to this spa, and the massages I had were wonderful, as well.

I’d give the spa, by itself, five stars, but the overall resort experience was a bit of a disappointment. The prices are five-star high, but the service is not five-star quality. I ordered the exact same dinner from room service three times during my stay, and the staff did not get the order right until the third time, when I went over every detail with them on the phone before they brought it! (Even on the third time, they forgot the spoon!) Small things would be missing—a side dish, or my beverage, or the salt and pepper, etc. None of these things were a big deal (you can always call room service and have them correct the problem), but at five-star prices, I expect my order to be perfect, and it never was. At the Rock Bar, I ordered a glass of wine, and it took 25 minutes for them to bring it to me, and when it finally arrived, it was the wrong wine! The prices were the same (or even higher) that you would find at the Four Seasons in Hualalai or Maui, but the service was not in the same league as those luxury beach resorts. I also find it annoying, in this day and age, to have to pay nearly US$20 per day for wifi in my room. Somehow, this irritation is magnified when I consider that the annual GDP per capita in Indonesia is only US$3000.

The room was nice—not outstanding, but nice. The concierge was very helpful. The grounds are lovely. It’s not that I had a bad time—I did enjoy myself—it’s just that I kept feeling I was being overcharged for the level of service I was getting. I’ll definitely go back to the spa, but I may opt to stay in a different hotel next time.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AEKBS
Hyderabad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Bali was one of the first few trips that my husband and i took together, and we wanted everything to be perfect. The ayana was everything we wanted and more. The moment you enter the resort, you are transported into a world of indulgence and luxury. The gentle sea breeze, the magnificient ocean view and the sprawling well kept acres relax and leave you feeling at peace from the word go.
The service is excellent and your every need is looked after.
We stayed at one of the villas and it felt like we were in a world of our own. It was pretty private, and you hardly get to seeyour neighbours or the staff. The amenities at the villa are top notch, i especially loved the bath area with a view of the garden. The gazebo and your own private plunge pool overlooking the sea add to the allure.
The rock bar is great, and so is the beach, and the waters are a lovely shade of blue, and all around you.
If you dont want to hitch a ride or walk the long distance to the restaurants or the bar, just order in use the ipod dock and the awesome speakers and have your own private party.
The food was above average, but i think the menu needs more choice.
Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Splurge on the villas if you can.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sudeepta
AYANARESORT, Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear ‘Chiara J’
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the stay at our Cliff Villa, and your experience at Rock Bar and the Spa. I will share your feedback on the service with our team members, of whom we are very proud and who love to hear such rewarding feedback. I will investigate your comments about the food quality with our Executive Chef, who is committed to the highest quality at our 7 restaurants.

Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Warm regards

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We read in the resort package that we were promised a personal butler because we stayed in a villa. However it turned out he was merely a driver who would drive us around the resort and not a housekeeper who would run errands like laundry, ironing, and personal assistant to us.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jljw99
AYANARESORT, Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear ‘Jljw99’

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this to my attention. This is certainly out of the ordinary as we do indeed employ a team of butlers certified by the Guild of Professional Butlers UK, along with a Personal Assistant who works with the butlers. All villa guests are provided with a mobile phone upon check-in with which they can call their butler at any time 24-hours-a-day, for any reason. Each villa’s butler will provide buggy transport around the resort, but that is just one small component of his duties. Standard butler duties also include ensuring your villa is ready before check-in, registration upon check-in, coordinating Laundry collection and processing through the laundry department, offering of unpacking and repacking luggage, concierge assistance with restaurant, spa and other bookings, liaising with housekeeping over preferred times for servicing of villa, tidying the wardrobe, preparing flower bath prior before arrival, presenting your account in advance before check-out, arranging any outside transport, and any other assistance as required. I apologize that these services did not seem to be forthcoming in your case, which is very unusual. Our butlers take great pride in providing the highest level of service and often go beyond the standard duties listed above to provide a ‘surprise’ or ‘wow’ experience for guests. I regret that you found the service not up to its usual high standards and I will investigate further with the butler who was assigned to you, and our Head Butler who supervises our team of butlers.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to my attention so we may immediately address it and ensure our service levels reflect our resort standards and are consistent for all guests.

Best regards
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I travelled with my mother, sister and 2 year old son here in April. We booked adjoining rooms however unfortunately this request couldn't be accommodated on arrival. We were disappointed however it worked out ok - at least we were in the same wing on the same floor - ocean view rooms.

This resort is a little way from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak and Kuta, but that is where it's beauty lies. This means that you really think about why you would leave the resort and how long you'll leave for. After a few days, you realise you don't have a reason to leave!

We dined at the Sami Sami, Kisik and Dava restaurants. Dava was an absolute standout. Go there early for sunset drinks and you won't be disappointed. The rock bar was great to try as I'd heard so much about it, however far too hot for us, seemed to be no breeze down there although on top of the cliff it was much cooler.

The kids club here is fantastic, the staff were wonderful with my son and all knew him by the end of our stay. You can take your children here to play or they can join the programs available. As my son is only 2, he needed to have constant supervision and I booked a babysitter for him twice, both were wonderful experiences. Please note that the advertised "petting zoo" on a Saturday no longer exists, I was very disappointed about that!

The General Manager of this hotel is very hands on, he seems to be everywhere checking that things are functioning smoothly. He found my mother, sister and son one day looking for the private beach. It was across the other side of the resort and they were lost, however he took them personally in the golf cart to show them. This kind of service from the GM filters through to the staff and makes a big difference.

We each had a massage at the spa and it was a wonderful experience. Would recommend trying a treatment there.

I must complement the hotel taxi driver, Ketut. He was amazing and extremely helpful, in fact he was far more knowledgable on places to visit than the tour desk at the hotel. I can't speak of him highly enough.

Also thanks to all of the kids club staff, and to a lovely lady Senar who worked at Kisik restaurant and then by the cliff pool. She was also wonderful with my son.The staff at breakfast each day were wonderfully friendly as well. They would take my boy to feed the fish so I could get 5 minutes peace to eat breakfast!

You must try each of the resorts pools, there are many and they are all different. Some are adults only and one is specifically for children. The gym is well equipped. The mini golf is lots of fun too.

My only complaint would be that one evening at 11pm (not late by many standards but very late for a young child) my son was woken by extremely loud fireworks from a function on the lawns. We received no notification of this prior to the event and I was really annoyed having to calm down my son at this time. I noted that in the following days every time a function was on, a note was put under guests doors to inform them what time it would finish.

Overall we really enjoyed our experience here. I would recommend taking a resort tour after you check in to familiarise yourself. We only did this on the last day and were pleased to discover we had actually seen everything however it would certainly be better to do on the first day than on the last!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BubbleGirl13
Dear ‘Bubblegirl 13”

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your understanding about the lack of availability of adjoining rooms at that time.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the Spa and cuisine at Sami Sami, Kisik and Dava. Rock Bar is cooler and more intimate after sunset, from 7pm onwards. Regarding the fireworks, we apologize that you were disturbed by the noise. Fireworks are unusual but were arranged for a wedding in April, and we sent letters to guest rooms to notify guests about the noise beforehand. I am sorry you did not receive your letter and will work with my team to make sure letters are placed in more visible places in rooms in future.
I am glad your son enjoyed the Kids Club and the caring attention from our babysitters. I appreciate your feedback on the petting zoo, it has been discontinued for the meantime and we are removing it from our website until such time as it is reinstated.
Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Warm regards

Rooms Executive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
0.9 km away
0.3 km away
The Villas at AYANA Resort
3.2 km away
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK