“dream come true :))”

Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
jakarta
“dream come true :))”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

since I have plan to go to Bali with my family, I dream to stay at nice hotel with private pool and have its private beach... and every one know its highly expensive... so I decide to put aside my dream (hotel/villa with private pool and have private beach).. I just go with the hotel with private beach... I googling and I found Ayana, then I booked the Jimbaran Bay room via local agency, since its so hard to book because always full..

and when we arrived at the hotel, we check in, aaaanndddddd,,, THEY UPGRADE OUR ROOM to the one bedroom Villa, and guest what?? they have it own pool................... its soo dream come trueee.. we're enjoyed the villa so much! they give us one breakfast at villa, have our own butler service, the staff is amazingly nice and warm... and you know what, shampoo, soap, body lotion is from l'occitane, its soo much nice! I collected all, since they change it every day to the new bottle.. :)))

the breakfast is good, they separated the pork menu with no pork menu.. its two thumbs up, since we're moslem... they also let us take some pastry from breakfast out of the restaurant for our daughter...

what I dont like is just so hard to book directly, maybe the agencies already blocked many room... so personal customer having difficulty to book it..

if one day I have another plan to go to Bali, definitely I will stay at Ayana .. for sure!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bungamawar170984
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Uk
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Hugely disappointed in this resort. We were lucky to get a great deal and were supposed to stay 3 nights but left after one. Loved the welcome, flower garland and welcome drink were fab. Our room was lovely, especially loved day bed on balcony and sea view. the staff at the main pool were great and the mango sorbets were amazing! Rock bar just fantastic.

Kids pool really needs some work, it's tiny and quite dated ( I am writing this review from Rasa Sentosa, which has a brilliant kids pool). Kids club generally not great.

Really disappointed that we couldn't use the Beach pool as we have a 3 year old, don't remember seeing that written anywhere. Beach ok but no nice daybeds there as shown on promotional photos just sun beds off the beach in an area with lots of big ants. What really lets this place down though is the fact it charges huge prices but doesn't deliver on service- about £6 for a small beer which was warm- not good. Service in restaurant was slow, I had to ask for coffee twice at breakfast( which cost £20 per head!) everything was extra- yoga, nature walks,you name it, it was extra.food just ok and v expensive.
We have been lucky enough to stay in some amazing hotels and this one just didn't come close in terms of levels of service.we paid £300 for one night, breakfast, lunch of pizza quesadilla and 2 soft drinks, 1 drink each at rock bar and. Very average dinner of kids spag Bol, 2 beers, Thai curry and sea bass- was it worth it? Absolutely not, save your money and go somewhere else!

Room Tip: 't remember seeing that anywhere.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bruisyard
AYANARESORT, Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear ‘Bruisyard’

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at AYANA. I am glad that you enjoyed the resort service, your room and Rock Bar. I regret that you checked out after only 1 night and have investigated your comments with our staff so that we can improve for future. I am concerned by your feedback about the children’s facilities particularly, as we go to great lengths to provide a program of unique, stimulating and age-specific activities, ranging from perfume-making to traditional dancing and crafts. The Ocean Beach Pool is off limits to young children for safety reasons, due to its location overlooking the beach from a height of some 4 meters. Our other 4 pools welcome children, and apart from the waterslides at the children’s pool, we have a small aquarium behind the waterfall at Lower Pool which is popular with children. Following your feedback, we will add the age-restriction at Ocean Beach Pool to our website to ensure all guests are aware of it. In regards to Kubu Beach, the daybeds at the beach are the same daybeds as shown in our photos.

Thank you also for your feedback on pricing and restaurant service. I have reviewed pricing at our 7 restaurants and found it be consistent with other 5-star resorts in Bali, reflecting the quality of the ingredients and cuisine. I am investigating the service flow over breakfast time at Padi to ensure that we can maintain efficient service even during busy periods. I know that this does not change your experience and I sincerely regret that you did not enjoy your night at AYANA.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback so we may continue to evolve and improve.

Best regards

Jerome Colson
Food & Beverage Executive
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

Were have been staying in fantastic hotels in Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur for example. Ayana was something different. Everything is just so perfect in this amazing, large paradise, were you can find fantastic restaurants, very nice pool areas and perfect staff. The consept is something surreal, everything is planned to work just perfectly. Prices are high, but there's value for money. Free shuttle to Nusa Dua offers many good and cheap restaurants, and large shopping facilities. Terima kasih!

Stayed April 2012
AYANARESORT, Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear ‘Henri L’

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at AYANA. I am glad to hear that you were impressed with our services, restaurants and pools and I have shared your compliments with our team who feel very rewarded by such positive feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Terima kasih kembali.

Warm regards,
Clive Edwards
Rooms Executive
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel is stunning and surely has to be one of the top hotels in Bali. The service provided is the best I ever came across. The spa is magnificent and the scenery down at the rock bar area is sensational. Wonderful employees who know how to treat guests. We will be back definitely. Only complaint is the way Internet access is charged. you must pay separately for phone iPad and air book. Other than that a magnificent experience

• Stayed April 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The villa was nice with private small pool and gazebo. Watching sunset at the rock bar was nice. Near by beach is not for swimming.

• Stayed December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
0.9 km away
0.4 km away
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI
3.3 km away
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK