“Great but”

Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Perth, Australia
“Great but”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed feb this year rooms are amazing spacious with everything
Breakfast was great
Staff are too friendly need to be carefual when chatting to them couple of them offerd me and my sister a "night out" or to show us the city after their work, I wouldn't mind going with them but they constantly ask you, and harass u which made me feel bit worried and we decided to ignore them, there was even this fella who once asked us what do u do?? U must have fortunte to stay here 13nights??? I tell you once they get comfy with u expt anything ,we are very chatty and friendly and maybe that's why, any don't do what we did always keep ur distant
Location from kuta was oki if u don't mind taking taxi and paying approximately 6 to 10 depends how u bargin with the taxi driver
Internet connection is very slow go to the lobby better connection and nice seating area
Overall I enjoyed my stay apart from some staff harrasments

Sincerely

Australia

• Stayed February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Intercontinental Bali for our honeymoon in late October, 2011. We chose this resort based on previous reviews and research. Basically, our research indicated that the resort is one of the only hotels on the island to heat its pools and clean its beach. The pools were amazing. The temperature was a perfect 82-degrees (like bath water) and the lounge chairs were comfortably padded. The beach front was combed every morning. The ocean water was warm and shallow enough to wade out quite a distance. Also, unlike Sanur and Nusa Dua (having lots of seaweed and refuse), the floor was smooth and clean as you walk out. Small touches made great impact. For example, in the lobby, guests were provided (all day) with complimentary Rosella tea and plantain chips. I couldn't drink enough. The tea is actually a hibiscus tea brewed with honey, ginger, and strawberries. Very tasty.
The complimentary cooking class was also fun, as we were only two of four guests in attendance, so we got special attention. We learned how to how to prepare Bumbu Bali, Satay Lilit Celong, Jejeruk Siap (i.e., a coconut chicken salad), and Kolak Pisang (a traditional dessert made from banana, palm sugar, and coconut). For our honeymoon, they gave us flavored syrups, strawberries and champagne. We stayed in a standard room, but the garden/courtyard view was beautiful. The bathroom was gorgeous. One NOTE: four months prior to this trip, we stayed at the Four Seasons in Maui. The Four Seasons set the standard for comfort and service. We think that the Intercontinental met and surpassed the Four Seasons in all respects but for food.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mbseuf
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We have just rerturned from an amazing family holiday at the Intercon, the room was spacious, food was good, service very friendly and nothing appeared to be a problem. We stayed in one of the Club rooms and we're a family of four, it was absolutley fine for all of us with my 18 month old in a cot and my 3 year old in the day bed. We were there for 4 days and ate in the hotel every day - the Teppenyaki restaurant was amazing - bring your appetitie!! The Club access is a huge bonus with airport pick up, breakfast, and best of all cocktails from 4.30pm pool side all included in the room rate! All good and the only thing I can fault is that we lost one childrens towel - left at the pool and it vanished never to be seen again! I am hoping we will be back again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank HPC1902
Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

I will start by saying I'm not sure what the recent reviews saying it's getting old are talking about. This resort is in immaculate condition, and the grounds are better-kept than the Four Seasons just down the beach. Staff was uniformly friendly and outgoing, and the food as well as service met or exceeded expectations.

Yes, the rooms are not 1-year old and so they have a good, broken-in feel. I was very pleased with caliber of linens in room, as well as by the beach. I have been primarily to Thailand, Hawaii, and Mexico for getaways, and this is the nicest of the "big-chain" resorts I've been to in some time.

For kids, there is a great beach as well as pools, and an excellent kids club that is open until 10pm(!) For adults, health club was good and the spa nice as well.

I will also add that I found drink/beverage prices reasonable (contrary to some other recent posts) given that we are captives with no nearby drink options that are credible.

I was only here for 2 nights for the weekend on a quick escape from Singapore, but I would certainly bring my family to this hotel, all the way from the US, if I were to return to Bali soon.

One comment...it is on Jimbaran bay which is beautiful...and quiet. This is south of the airport, which means a 30-45 minute cab ride to Kuta or Legian. If you are looking to do lots of clubs and nightlife, this area in general is probably not for you.

Smiles on guest and staff faces all weekend...a great way to close out this review.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Chris_R_USA
Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at the Intercontinental first week of April 2012. I was with my husband and two teens. We stayed in the Club rooms. It is worth it to go with a club room. You will not regret it! Breakfast at any of the five restaurants 6am - 11, tea time 2pm - 4pm, and happy hour was the best food and drinks for 3 hours from 4:30pm to 7:30pm. We did try some of the restaurants because not able to make all the tea times. Recommend the Italian restaurant was out favorite for dinner. The burgers by the beach as you lay out were also great. I really loved the flags that are on the tables were you layout if you need a drink or food, just raise the flag and they come quickly to help you with whatever you need. A lot of cover huts for the burning people in the family. Big resort and very friendly staff. Rooms are decorated very nice and good size. I would stay here again and love to return anytime. Good choice for honeymoon or family very big resort with 6 pools and beautiful beach :) Thank you for my paradise found in Bali!

Room Tip: Club rooms a must. Try the beach restaurants on the beach to the right of the hotel they were very...