“All it says on the packaging and more!!!!!!!!!!”

Jimbaran Cliffs Private Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 86 Jimbaran B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“All it says on the packaging and more!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

This was my second time at this hotel, and it just got better, the gardens are now mature and the water running thru the place is truly beautiful. It feels like utopia perfect for unwinding and relieving stress.
The staff are so attentive to your every need, anything you ask for is done in an instance. The lobby shop is full of wonderful gifts and jewellery all so tempting.
The perfect place for a relaxing vacation. The rooms are spacious and clean and what bliss to walk out on to your own private pool which is crystal clear and the water so refreshing no sign of chlorine here ,your skin feels great afterwards and then relax in the Bali bagong where you can follow the sun all day, truly magical.The spa is a must the treatments are wonderful.
The bar is a perfect place to cool down at sunset with a cocktail made by Adi fanatastic barman !!!!! highly recommend his cocktails.
The location is off the beaten track which adds to it charm as you see a bit of Bali life on your way which is authentic Bali. It is a way from all the hustle of Kuta but close enogh to go to and the hotel runs a fantasic transport service all the drivers are very informative and can tell you about Bali. I can not say anything negative about this hotel, it is amazing and all the guest I met while I was there had the same opinion.it is as I say all it says on the packaging and more the hardest part is leaving but I will be back soon ...............

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank junemick26
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

The hotel room was nicely decorated, spacious, and very clean. We paid more and booked a cliff edge suite for 4 nights, but were very disappointed with the view from our pool. It was literally on the edge of the cliff. I could have just climbed over my pool and walked out into the woods. We were on the ground floor and it was just very disappointing to pay more for that type of "view".

The staff was excellent especially Gadai - whom I didn't get to see before checking out the final day but he was great. Helped us find all the vegetarian restaurants nearby and gave us receommendations on which attractions to see. He also took us grocery shopping and wouldn't let us hold the cart. He explained what all the local foods were and was just overall the only reason I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Like some other reviewers it was our frist time to Bali and we couldn't make up our mind on where to stay... we didn't mind a place out of the hussle and bussel but this was just bad. Jimbaran is a lovely area and while the 4 seasons is located on a lovely street with flowering trees and cliffs, and views of the Jimbaran Bay ... our hotel was located on an off road in the local Jimbaran area, up on a hill in the middle of nowhere, where we had to take a bumpy broken road to get there. There are a lot of unfinished buildings around, and even though its a forest .. its very scampy with trees so its just creepy and ugly. I just can't describe in words how bad the location is. To get to the main street where anything is you would have to walk down a dangerous path for a good 15 minutes... I think in the future when more hotels come up it will be worth it, but for what I paid I wish i had stayed elsewhere.

Oh and on another note - the food in the restraunt was way over priced. I don't mind paying more for the convinience of eating my hotel room or not having to go out late an night, but the protions were ridiculous and the taste was like frozen home microwave dishes :(. I ordered nachos one night and literally got 1/4 of beans in tomato sauce with 5 chips stuck vertically in it. Maybe thats normal portions for non-Americans, but I was shocked to pay $10 for 5 nachos.

Also the wi-fi was horribly slow and painful to use. Some days it just wouldn't work. Our TV only had local channels and we couldn't watch anything (they tried to fix it but it couldn't figure out why we had no international channels)... so pack that with our "cliff-edge" pool - we hardly felt like staying in our big beautiful room. Also even though you have a kitchen its more expensive to pay for the use of it (runs on gas and has no pots or anything to speak of) than to just go out an pay for a taxi and eat out 3 times a day. AND there was no complimentary water in our room.

I am very sorry to say that I would not recommend this hotel or stay here anytime in the near future.... maybe when the area gets more developed, the internet and tv gets fixed, and when the prices drop to match the value of the area.

Again - however the staff was very lovely, helpful, and flawless in their attitude and services.

Room Tip: don't book the cliff edge suite - you pay more for nothing.. and may get stuck on the ground flo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nitaipriya
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

What a wonderful place! The view, the accomodation, the staff...................... all wonderful. The attention to detail and the friendly warm atmosphere make it impossible to leave. I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Monique W
london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

Having never been to Bali we were unsure where to say becasue all the reviews told us where NOT to go but none where was good and we though Jimbaran looked the place as the 4 seasons is here...in fairness the beach itself was fine but not so the hotel.

What was frustrating about this hotel is it has the potential to be great and just as you think it's not so bad it fails - time and time again.

We initially booked 5 nights because of the good deal they offered on staying more than two nights (it's crazeee money to stay 2 or less and if you are looking for somewhere for just a night or two - stop reading and book elsewhere - it only becomes even a tad worth it if you are paying a really, really reduced rate)

For good or bad the hotel is situated way up in the hills - and although I am fond of a more out of the way place - this has NOTHING near by, not a bar or hotel even a walk is impossible because of the dangerous dark road it is on - taxi drivers find it impossible to find - so you have to make a note of landmarks so you can help them.

The reception area is miserable to say the least - for a start half is taken up with a huge glass, empty shop that is never open so the area feels cramped - and just feels a bit grubby.

We booked into a cliff edge suite - but to my excitiment were 'upgraded' to the penthouse suite - and wish we hadn't been because it's a sprawling impressive building but almost all the rooms were locked so we felt more like caretakers - we just had the bedroom and the living area/kitchen and it meant we had to walk up three flights of stairs to go to the loo if sunbathing etc - plus the owners personal decor taste took some getting used to with a painting of three naked girls used a bed head - which not only was 'orrible but also I worried all night I'd stretch and put my head or hand through the canvas.

And I did have all night to worry - because the hotel is surrounded by crowing cockerals - which as it happens are nocturnal and crow day and night - CONSTANTLY except 2 hours between 9-11 - that plus the abundance of barking, fighting, howling dogs - meant that by the second night I had ripped open my plane bag for valium and ear plugs. Double glazing wold have sorted this easily - but as I say the place is run on a shoe string.

Plus the private pool was so murky it looked like misu soup - I didn't dare go in and when the fountain was off a thick layer of oil/scum floated on the top.

I was glad when the upgrade ended - except the room we had booked - The cliff edge suite had issues all of its own. For a start it was in the shadow of the penthouse suite and half the poolside was dominated by the air-con and penthouse wall. This pool was clean - but the vegetation had been allowed to get so out of control no view was left at all. However, being in a smaller boxier room did at least shut out the noise of the cockerals but in this room there were other things to keep you awake. The room felt like a bed sit - with the bed crammed into the corner of the room facing a full kitchen with huge buzzing fridge and cooker - not what I want to look at when I'm on a luxury tropical holiday. And perhaps most concerning is the danger - there are huge puff-daddy beds at one end of the pool but what you might not notice til too late - is the completely unprotected 100ft drop the other side - so NO good for children or people who like a hoilday sundowner or three - hideously dangerous and, as the owner has young children, he should know better.

We asked to be moved and downgraded to just a normal pool villa - which actually turned out to be the best option - although it does have a bleedin' great roof obscuring your view, it does at least have a small view from sun bed, and the drop is only 6ft onto a roof should you doze and roll over. Plus it had a screen dividing the bed from the kitchen...but again just as you think all is well the hotel fails again...for a start the bathrooms - which at first site are delighful, semi outside and huge oval baths - great to lounge in once you have spent 2 hours filling it - but when you do go to the effort - you don't want to clamber in only to hear the couple in the next door room 'romantically' splashing in thier tub - because there is no dividing wall at the top so no privacy - I had to descretely creep out and not look them in the face at breakfast.

The worse thing was cleanliness - whoa someone needs to sort that out - the bathrooms looked like they WERE actually outside - muddy and dirty - everything from the table cloths to the menus was stained, the communual areas looked worn and the pools were cloudy, at times mirky. But the worse thing came when I went to get into bed and the sheets were blood stained from the previous guests...the thing is the bed had been made - so who would make a bed with blood stained sheets even if it had been the same guests staying let alone new ones? When they came to change them you could tell all the other sheets were also far from clean - now that was nasty. And we had NO apology the next morning.

Unforntunately we were forced to stay a 6th night because I had been ill the day before and unable to check into a new hotel - and of all the nights that was the best. The cockerals shut up for an hour as did the dogs and we could sit outside and you could tell this could be with some TLC a really nice place - at the moment though it's just not.

On the upside - the views are nice, I had a couple of nice cocktails and a couple of the meals we had were OK - but there is no consistency - one night we rushed back to eat before 10 (when restaurant closes) and were told at 9.45 the restaurant was already not serving, even room service, even just a sandwich - annoying because as I say there's no where else to go, they ran out of teapots one day - no-one was in the hotel! And one day I ordered a bacon sandwich and it was great the next day it was uneatable - so you could never tell - also the communual poolside bar had NO stock.

If after all this you are determined to stay here - go for the cheapest rooms and haggle on price - hard!

Room Tip: Go for the cheapest
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank iloveglamping
Zurich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I can only describe my stay in the Cliffs Hotel in Jimbaran as WONDERFUL! I stayed in one of the single suites with privare pool and it was a pity to leave! The place is remote and very pacefull, nowhere around really to go, but with such a room, who wants to go out? The luxury of having a privare pool in this weather is priceless. Room service was good and all the staff is extremely friendly! Next time in Bali, I will make sure to book myself there for a full week!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo