This spa is located on beautiful, well kept grounds and has wonderful areas where classes are held at different times of the day. the food is good and healthy dishes are available if you choose.
The interview with spa personal to decide on treatments that may be of interest is average with not a lot of discussion about alternatives.
The rooms we used included a sitting room with balcony and a bedroom with bath. They are comfortable and located within easy walking distance to the treatment building and the restaurant.
You need at a minimum 3 nights at this hotel as it is a little time consuming to reach and it takes a while to get into the swing of the offerings that are available. A 5 day stay would give enough time to try different treatments, different offerings of classes and different foods. The clothing provided for the yoga classes is comfortable and they try to provide an appropriate size. If you are short the pants may be a little long, but they are easily rolled up and are of such a deliciously soft cotton that they are nice to weat
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ananda in the Himalayas is an award winning luxury destination spa located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of India's ancient arts of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Dedicated to restoring balance and harmonizing energy through a holistic approach, Ananda incorporates the healing principles of the East and the West with a specific focus on Ayurveda and Yoga, along with contemporary International spa experiences. Set amongst 100 acres of virgin forest and opened in September 2000, Ananda in the Himalayas is built around a Maharaja's palace estate and located 260 kilometres north of New Delhi. The resort features a restored Viceroy's Palace, world-class Spa, 70 deluxe rooms, 5 suites and 3 villas. Two of these villas are 2 bedroom villas and one is a single bedroom villa, with breathtaking views of the Ganges River and the mountainside. With the highest standards of service, luxurious accommodations, innovative dining and breathtaking mountain views, Ananda is an internationally recognised oasis offering an enriching experience designed to restore, renew and revitalise. Ananda signature wellness programs include Detox, Ayurvedic Rejuvenation, Weight Management, Stress Management, Yogic Detox, Ananda Yoga, Ananda Renew and Ananda Active. Getaway Spa packages starting at 2 or 3 nights are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelGuru, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Ananda in the Himalayas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ananda In The Himalayas Hotel Rishikesh
- Ananda In The Himalayas Rishikesh