“Comfy stay”

Fortune Resort Grace
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Mussoorie
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Ideal location if you want to stay towards the library side of Mussoorie - Friendly and courteous staff - excellent unobstructed valley view - neat and clean linen and bathroom, which for me matters a lot!!! Breakfast was excellent - vide variety and my request for fresh and hot "bhaturas" was taken care of although i was late - The area outside my room was a bit noisy but my request was change of room was immediately looked after - all in all...no complaints and will surely be back here whenever in Mussoorie.

Room Tip: Ask for valley view rooms. Rooms on lower floors are more sunny.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bob_ana67
Management response:Responded 3 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you had a great experience while you stayed at Fortune Resort Grace, Mussoorie . Your positive response regarding our product, services, food and facilities is inspiring for all of us. Thank you once again for your recognition and we sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Warm Regards,
Rajiv Chopra,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here for a night with prior booking. Supposed to be a new hotel as advertised! But the room fixtures were already broken. The service was just pathetic. All my complaints were never answered. Even a promised call back was not fulfilled. The staff seemed professional only at the time of booking. Once I was there, not much could have been done. Dont expect good food. Its below average for a 4 star hotel. Even the checkout was turbulent with the billing system taking more than 10 minutes for the printout!

Room Tip: My advise would be not to book! If you do, just choose any.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dewananuj
Reviewed 17 November 2011

View from the Valley View rooms is excellent. Staff is courteous and helpful. Convenient location if you wish to stay close to city centre.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Rajesh111
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed there 2 nights recently when I went to Mussoorie on business. They have a small brochure on the table advertising wi-fi, but over my 3 days over there couldn't get connected. The hotel staff was least bothered about it, and it was always "We'll check and get back to you." Sadly, the get back didn't happen. Also, I paid for the higher category room, and the least I expected was a room with a nice view. Got one with nothing, AT ALL. It's a shame that a renowned corporate like ITC has stooped to such levels of service. Gimme Taj or Oberoi any day. While this could be over-looked if I was having a particularly good day, what was even more appalling and unforgiveable was the accounts. I paid the full room charges and taxes via RTGS a week before I went, and sent them a mail with the details. They sent a reconfirmation mail to me after that. At the time of checkout, the girl at the front desk forced me to pay the entire amount again, effectively charging me twice for the rooms. I even gave her the bank statement showing the payments, but she just wouldn't listen. Had to pay and leave, as I had a flight to catch after travelling 2 hours, and couldn't wait for their managers to show up. At the time of putting up this review, I am still waiting for communication for them with regard to the entire fiasco, and waiting for my money. What's worse is that this is the 3rd time overall, and 2nd time in 2 months that the ITC group have screwed up, financially. I think it's time for me to say Adios! ITC!!! :-(

Room Tip: Ensure you check the room before you move in, especially with regard to the view. I paid the top rat...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Bishal K S
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The hotel was good and the staff was courteous and comfortable except for the staff of Front Office who were bit rude at starting. Rooms were large and spacious. In room dining was quick. Overall, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Take rooms with large bed as they have probably better views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family