Lowest prices for your stay
$55
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
$28
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$14
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
Priceline$28
Hotels.com$55
Orbitz.com$55
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2020

Very kind host, very kind family. It was great to see as they gathered every evening, an older man was praying by himself for a long time, after that the whole family was praying together. Manager Arup was wonderful, efficient, very courteous, all family members assited in making our 3 night visit pleasant. Tara House is extremely clean. Staff was available 24 hours/day. Manager Sujit was very accomodating, taking us to private shopping tours, cleaning our laundry and always ready to help. (But the laundry skills shoud be improved.) We had the everbest tour guide Praveen Pathak. He was always very compassionate to our special needs as tourists on first trip to India. He was going at our place, including walking on steep challenging stairways leadnia to the Ganges. Food needs more variety.

Room tip: The best is at the top where from you can see how people are living nearby. Quiet,
1  Thank kovari_katalin
Reviewed 29 January 2020 via mobile

For the price that I paid I was expecting much more, it’s an hotel but I slept better in some hostels.
And this is my third time in India so I am aware that they have different standards, I am not asking for the moon.

Initially they gave me the worst double room on the ground floor.

It was close to the common bathroom, so I could hear loud and clear all the flushing toilet especially at night... it was humid, smelly, dirty, noisy and with no sheets.
After feeling sick with my asthma and my complaints they agreed to change my room on the third night.

The new room was upstairs and better but still I had to ask for sheets that in some way I got at the end.

Shower sometimes came cold even if I followed the “training” that they gave to me.

Staff is nice and the location it’s ok but it’s not enough in my opinion, really need some changes.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Lau_raPif
Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

The receptionist gave me a cup of chai tea with a big smile. Then the holy two looks clean with cute ornaments. The hotel is kept clean and security safe. It also has a good access to the river that you can walk.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Arup B, Owner at Tara Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Thank you for sharing rating on Trip Advisor
your kind comments about our hotels and our colleagues are truly appreciated. These have been shared with our team who take great pride in ensuring each guest has a memorable stay.

Reviewed 22 November 2019

Staying in this beautiful little hotel was really homely - it was clean and nice, the host family was so kind! They helped us organising everything we just wanted to do. Boat trip at night on the biggest feast in Varanasi - even though we just asked for it a night before.
I would recommend this hotel, so close to the Ganga warmly.

1  Thank Voyage703396

Greetings from Tara Guest House, Varanasi (India)
Thank you for choosing Tara Guest House Varanasi and for sharing rating on Trip Advisor

Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

Cozy, clean, well located and magnificent treatment We arrived quite late for the plane's delay, and the hotel owner was still waiting for us. They were super friendly, they took us to dinner at a very good place (having closed everything already ...). They have given us a lot of confidence at all times. On the other hand, the hotel is super clean, and breakfast is 10! ;) the location is excellent, very close to the gahts. 100% recommended if you travel to Varanasi. I would be happy again.

Trip type: Travelled with family