“Varanasi at Sunset with Sunil”

Varanasi Boat Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Some say the majesty of the Ganges River is best appreciated as the sun is rising and setting. In the morning you can experience the red sun rising in the east, shining on pilgrims as they start their bathing rituals. In the evening you can experience Ganga Aarti, a gorgeous choreographed fire ritual at Main Ghat.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We booked a private sunset boat tour with Sunil. He was excellent and professional. He came to our hotel on time (At Assi Ghat) and gave us a great tour of the ghats, with interesting explanations. He answered all our questions with enthusiasm and care. The sunset tour allowed us to see the ghats in a magical light, with fabulous reflections on the Ganges.
The next morning, I walked along the ghats and I think it could be an unforgettable experience by boat. DO book a sunrise trip with Sunil.
Again thanks a million, Sunil, for your kindness and great service (Friday night - 23.03.2018)
Aimee and Doron from Israel.

Date of experience: March 2018
All reviews
"mr sunil"
in 5 reviews
"alka hotel"
in 3 reviews
"answered all our questions"
"great guide"
"humour"
"explanation"
"parts"

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My wife & I stayed at Alka Hotel, and reception advised to meet at 5:30am to get a boat tour to see the morning ceremony. We were picked up and walked down to a section of boats with Varanasiboats.com written on them in contrasting white background with red text compared to the other AirTel sponsored boats which are red with white text. Our guide was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable and spoke excellent English which he later said he taught himself. Our 1.5hr tour took in the Burning Ghat at Manikarnika Ghat, the ceremony at Dashashwamedh Ghat and the Ghats further south as well. All of the buildings and their significance were explained, and we were told lots of other interesting facts. The price after was fair, especially as he was rowing and explaining at the same time. Had a great time, would recommend.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018

better to be early in the morning before the sun rise. fix a boat the previous day itself and be on time and experience the warmth of Ganges. Don't miss the Ganga Pooja sitting on the boat

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I send my MOM and Dad . They are very happy with the service and support. They behaved professionally and friendly. Its reliable. Charges are reasonable. Excellent at all parts of service.

Date of experience: February 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Last year, during Christmas, I visited Varanasi with my family. My mother cannot climb the stairs because old age but she was very excited to enjoy the beauty of the Sandhya Aarati from boat. We are at Meer Ghat and was searching for a boat. Luckily we meet this man, Mr. Sunil Sahani of Varanasiboats. He arranged a wheel chair for my mother. Now my mother don't have to climb the stairs, this wheel chair man pulled her up and down on the stairs very carefully, so that she is safe. The wheel chair man was waiting for our boat to arrive at Meer Ghat after Aarati and took my mother from their to the hotel. Wheel chair service in Varanasi are very reliable and charges are affordable as well. My mother enjoyed the amazing moments of Aarati with Varanasiboats awesome service.
I will recommend everyone for this Varanasiboats and Mr. Sunil Sahani