Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews dolphin restaurant guest house boat ride hotel staff ganges india rooftop aarti banks
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2022 via mobile

Well let me start by saying, in a whirlwind of traveling nuances I missed my flight to Jaipur from Mumbai, and decided to redirect to Varanasi within days of New Years. I sat for a couple of hours researching where to stay that was close to the Banaras Ghat (which is where you want to be in Varanasi) Rashmi Guest House location is not only on the steps and the banks of the Ganges, It’s a prime location for anything you and/or your family or business would like to do in Varanasi. It is centrically located on the Ghat nearby the main Ghat’s nightly performance (an Aarti, which you should definitely make time to attend, it’s a very very short walk which you can also see from the roof of the property. I went to it every night I was there and I would keep going every night if I was still there.) Their restaurant even hosts weddings. Nightlife, shopping, food, boat rides and anything else you’re looking to experience in Varanasi is within walking distance which the hotel will plan for and accommodate if you request. Even for temple traveling. The hotel provides porters for arrivals and departures, I was a woman traveling alone and everything that I requested was arranged- at no point did I feel unsafe there nor was I concerned about my things. I’m daft the friendliness of the restaurant and hotel staff was heart warming. I came and went very freely. You can wake up early in the morning and wander late into the evening safely and securely, anything you want to do is within a very short walk and there are always activities to enjoy. With every guest I witnessed a holistically assisted Approach to touring the city to individual needs and desires at no additional charge, a small fee and/or donation based contributions. I’m on a temple tour of India and even that was within their spectrum of assistance. The staff are all courteous, kind, thoughtful and professional. The food from the restaurant across the hall is exceptional with pristine, meticulous, multilingual waitstaff and a wide menu spectrum which is very reasonably priced. Everyone I encountered was kind, courteous and trustworthy. Again, the food at the restaurant is clean and delicious. I highly recommend this place to women, backpackers, men, spiritual seekers, worldly folk, business People and families. From the rooftop at night you can hear the echoing sounds of the city. Early in the morning you can hear prayers offered to the gods. You can sleep in as late as you want or wake up just as early. The beds are cozy and the bathrooms are clean. I am very pleased with my stay at Rashmi Guest House and highly recommend it to everyone.
The restaurants kitchen opens at 11 temporarily but there’s another restaurant down the through the old roads called Shree which is also open early. Anything you need you can ask the front desk for at any time or hour.
Although I’ve left Varanasi and Rahshmi Guest House for now, I feel like I left part of my heart there forever.

With special consideration and all of my honesty, I highly recommend a visit. Pictures include a rooftop view from Rashmi and a boat ride from the shore just down the stairs on Ghat.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank TheFireIsInside
Rashmi Tiwari, Owner at A Palace on the River, Rashmi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2022

Dear Brayla, Greetings!!

Thanks so much for your kind words for us. We’re really glad you enjoyed your stay in Varanasi. Your positive review take us a step ahead to reach our goal. You are very kind, generous and cooperative.

We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review. It touched our heart deeply.

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Rashmi Guest House

Reviewed 3 January 2022

Aditya Tiwari, whose family owns Rashmi Guest House and the adjoining Dolphin restaurant, is a former badminton champion like his father before him. He became our friend and went out of his way to satisfy our insatiable desire to explore Varanasi. He told us about places and stories not usually known to lay tourists and arranged for us to visit such places with his most friendly staff. He even took us on a boat to an ashram his family is the care taker of. He introduced us to the Dom Raja of Varanasi and we came to know their amazing story. Varanasi would not have been the same without Aditya and his team. The guest house itself is located right on the ghat in central Varanasi and if one word can describe the service, it is super friendly. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: December 2021
2  Thank atuls621
Reviewed 4 February 2021

It’s situated at the bank river Ganga. Staffs are good so the services. Faizan and Manish are very helpful and kind. Highly recommended. We are from Tirupathi .nice place near roger Ganga and varahi mata temple

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sves198923
Reviewed 13 March 2020

We stayed at the Rashmi Guest House from 25-27 February and had a wonderful stay. The staff led by Faizan, a taxi was dispatched to collect us from the airport.
The view is worth it over the Ganges and across to the far bank and sand bar with a myriad of stalls, camel rides etc to see. Meals were easily available at the Dolphin restaurant directly in front of the hotel with a good range of veg and non veg meals and drinks.
Arriving in Varanasi late afternoon to discover we were metres from the Dashashwamedh Ghat the evening Aarti ceremony (the ritual of putting Mother Ganga to sleep), we wandered down the steps of the Ghat and felt this is India. Then meandered our way down to the ceremony and were engulfed by the Hindu religious culture. We offered our prayers to our family by laying flowers and candles on Mother Ganga..
The next day after our tour we were able to hire a boat and the oarsman was very adept at this job, he rowed us up to the Manikarnika Ghat (Burning Ghat), then down the river past several Ghats and meandered our way back to our starting point.
It was a special feeling floating along on Mother Ganga, even though there were literally hundreds of boats on the river you did not feel confined at all. We concluded our day again watching the evening Aarti ceremony and having a much better understanding of the ritual that evening. Varanasi you really need more than one day of adventuring to see what she has to offer.

Thank You so much to Faizan Ahmad +91 77060 64203

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 4 March 2020

Amazing location, on the most happening ghat of Benares. Great staff - Always ready to help. Manish and Faizan on the front desk are extremely helpful. The Owner is hands-on. On Site Dolphin Restaurant servers has a lot of options, perfect for a family.

Date of stay: February 2020