All reviews dolphin restaurant rooftop restaurant the river guest house excellent location hot water main ghat every evening narrow lanes your luggage ganga aarti an oasis guide palace ghats india garland
Reviewed 19 September 2015

The hotel room is nice and clean. Quite good facilities. WIFI is for free and reaches the hotel room. The hotel staff is nice, helpful and professional. Buffet breakfast isn't too bad, but could have more choices. The view of the River Ganga from the top roof restaurant is fantastic. I had a nice stay in Rashmi Guest House. The " ghats " are amazing experience for me.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank suzy775
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed here with my son and they accommodated us for everything we needed. Everyone was very polite and helpful. The facilities did not match the price. The air conditioner was very noisy in our room, we often had to call to connect the hot water, no room service every day but wasn't really a problem for us as we like our privacy. We had our clothes washed but they really did not come back so clean.

The view was great of the Gange, our bedroom and bathroom was clean and great location into the streets/ally ways of Varanasi. Close to all the good cafes/restaurants especially Blue Lassie my favourite for the best Lassie ever. Dolphin Restaurant upstairs really needs to look into catering more to their culture. The food was too westernised. It was not up to standard.

This guest house may very well be one of the best in Varanesi but I had nothing else to compare here but do know it was expensive for what it is especially after being in much cheaper accommodation and getting better facilities elsewhere in India.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Monika S
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Rashmi is really a home touched place to stay and location is fantastic with all the visitable place are on walking distance.
Rooms are cosy and clean staff and host are friendly and helpful to visit city.
The view during the night becomes very romantic and it gives you charm of city, impressive wifi is also there. All need we found under one roof and thats rashmi house

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adeyil
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Rashmi Guest House happens to be situated on the cleanest (or lets be honest, the only clean one) Ghaat of Varanasi ie the Manmandir Ghaat. And the credit goes to the owners Rashmi and Ajay themselves. Built right on the Ghaat overlooking steps that lead you to the Ganga, the Hotel has some stunning river view rooms that either let a Peepal tree rustle at your fingertip or give you a clean view of the river. The rooms are tastefully done up in a minimalistic and International style with a very well behaved staff. The piece de resistance however is the Dolphin Rooftop Restaurant that has a 360 degree view of the river, the interconnected rooftops of the city and the Sawai Man Singh Observatory on its right. The Kitchen has a healthy mix of cuisine but its the Indian stuff that scores with a home made feel. Do not come back without having experienced the Ayurvedic massage . . . though not very fancy looking as a place . . . the masseuse is seriously world class. Would highly recommend it for families and couples but most of all for the solo traveler . . . this is where you can spend time with your self and the Ganga . . . and find something.

Room Tip: The Luxury rooms with the river view are the best in the house
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank anuraadhatewari
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The location is absolutely perfect for anything you would like to do in Varanasi. The rooms were clean, wifi worked, A/C worked well, and I had hot water. The front drakes helped me with activities I wanted and if you need a guide, ask for Pappu. If you are looking for great luxury, then I would not stay here. But if you are looking for a good/clean hotel that has the best location and decent prices, this is definitely your spot.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo