Lowest prices for your stay
$67
Free cancellation until 24/08/22
Travelocity$67
Priceline$66
Trip.com$64
All reviews other star hotels cantonment area hospitable staff rooms are large room service is front office conference hospitality poolside mr heritage washroom kashi
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2022

We stayed at Clarks Varanasi for 2 nights , April 15-17. Very unpleasant experience. We stayed in Room No.166, probably one of the worst rooms I have stayed in my travels over past 40 years. You open the curtains and you have a DEAD WALL facing you. Very claustrophobic. It started with bad Check in experience. Snail pace. Our package for first day included High Tea in place of Lunch as we were reaching by 4 pm. They took over an hour to serve and only item we got was Pakoras. We did not get even a cup of coffee. Very slow and arrogant service. We missed the famous Evening Ganga Aarti because of this melee.Even the service for each meal was unfriendly

Room tip: Check out the Room location
Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 19 April 2022

This review has been addressed to you with regard to my conference in your hotel from  7th - 10th April,2022.We had hosted a dealers' meet at your hotel, which we have been  hosting every quarter in different cities. However, the fame and name didn't go along with the game. I, in the capacity of the Director of the company UTC marketing Pvt. Ltd have written this mail as i have been highly disappointed by your hospitality as well as flexibility.
To start with ,. Rooms were not ready for allotment at the time of checkin in spite of our dealers arriving post your check in time.. Rooms were not clean and up to the mark and we had informed the house keeping regarding the same..We had taken your banquet for our conference , but sorry to say , there was a shortage of hands due to which we received delayed services..We were 35 pax staying in your hotel as a group, but were asked to have our meals in the restaurant with everyone. A separate space could have been easily provided to us.. We were dealing with Ms. Nandita Mukherjee regarding the food and Beverages and other aspects too for the conference. As a normal practice , i asked my team to accomodate a snack and dessert in the existing menu, which was communicated to her by my team. At that time, I wasn't aware of any extra charges for the same (as I firmly believe, a little flexibility is easily provided to us by any 5star category hotel). She added cocktail snacks without confirming with me and also charged me for the same. No information whatsoever was provided to me regarding such charges.Can't we expect this much flexibility from a hotel like yours ?We had breakfast for 10th april included in our package but unfortunately , it wasn't served to the guests at all. On being asked, your staff apologised and offered us a refund of some 7500 bucks.
Sir, this is humility to the power infinity.
The guests kept waiting in the lobby for their room allotment , and this has badly hurt our goodwill.
We have never experienced such ill hospitality ever .
How do you wish to address my grievances?

Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2022 via mobile

A very average old hotel with a pathetic breakfast spread and terrible I room charging points for electronic gadgets. In room dining food was excellent so was the bed and pillows. The safe in my room was not working and maintainable person took it for repairs and for the three days I was the I kept waiting for it to be delivered - but in vain. The staff is fairly good though the dining area staff could have been more attentive to the needs of the guests

Date of stay: March 2022

Ambience: 4
Food: 3
Price value: 3
Room Service (food and cleaning): 5

Summary:
The hotel meets one's expectations in many ways! My family and I spent 3 nights at Clarks and that gave us a very good idea of the place. The hotel is in a great location, it did not take us long to get to major tourist destinations. The staff are very prompt and kind. It is a little costly when you compare room size and amenities to nearby hotels like the Taj or Raddision. Which is something we came to realise after our stay.
NOTE: Food through room service is VERY expensive here, almost nothing is less than 150/200 INR (kids menu included).
Most hotel amenities and services were either closed or inaccessible due to covid. But their breakfast buffet and restaurants are great! (I have reviewed their restaurant "1951 " as well). The hotel was kind enough to connect us to a travel company where we hired a driver and a car. They are very resourceful that way and do not hesitate in sharing these resources. The staff were always extra careful with my grandmother who was closing 80 and remained gentle and helpful at all stages. She required insulin to be refrigerated and they were quick to find solutions to our damaged in-room minibar fridge.

The hotel is also very responsive pre-booking and during. They were quick to respond to calls and emails and I completed my entire booking process effortlessly with one email thread and 2 phone calls, one before and one after.

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 14 November 2021 via mobile

The most worst maintained property in varanasi for the price they charge ...bathrooms leaking bad electrical
. They need to upgrade the chef ...doesn't know basics of a dish......it's ok for a hotel to have heritage touch ..but this has gone too far

Room tip: Please don't book
Date of stay: November 2021