All reviewsinternational travelerstrain stationliving roomgreen gardenfelt like homewarm showervaranasi junctionquiet areagreat place to staygreat hostschaituk tukthe hustle and bustlepeaceful placefree wifihome away from homethe river
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I stayed for a week and it was really relaxing time for me. Someone who likes to spent a quality time should must visit. Fun staffs and great hospitality.
P.S : This hostel is near the Varanasi Railway Station and a new hostel is opening near the ghats.

Room Tip: Solo travelers and backpackers can choose dormitory, private rooms are also available. Also cottage are available for families
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Dibaperature
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We spent five nights here while visiting Varanasi. The hostel is run by a wonderful family. Their employee Samar is a true gem. He is friendly, helpful and full of valuable information. We really enjoyed our tour of the ghats with him.
The hostel food was varied with traditional Indian as well as western foods. The prices were very reasonable.
My husband fell quite ill with Delhi belly. The family and Samar were so supportive. They cooked special bland foods for him, offered valuable advice on how to help him feel better, and were all genuinely concerned for him. I was comforted being surrounded by such wonderful and caring people.
Thanks Hashi, Christiana, Samar and the rest of the staff and family for being such great hosts.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esther M
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I had he most amazing time at International Travelers Hostel. I arrived just in time for Holi with my friend and we were pleasantly surprised by the organisation and preparation by the hostel that made it possible for us to celebrate the festival
The one thing that places the hostel above average for me (excellent) is the staff.
Samar the manager and Sunil were always on top of their game. They treated us just like family and it made the stay even more worthwhile. I’d stay here time and time again.
The location is superb as it’s far from the hustle and bustle of the city (a guaranteed good nights’ rest) this does mean however you have to catch a taxi to the Ghats which was no bother at all for me as it’s not that far (you can walk if the heat is not that bad)
There is a restaurant on location which is fully vegan and the food is amazing... all props to the chef Papa Rajesh! You can also find food around the hostel area easily
The owners of the hostel are extremely friendly and I will rate this hostel top class.
Worth the stay, worth the money

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gugu K
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My two friends and I stayed 3 nights here and it was so much fun. Everyone working was so helpful and fun. Sumar is so great, highly recommend a tour with him! The chai and coffee are delicious. Actual good coffee was so nice after a few days on Nescafe.
Highly recommend especially if you are a solo traveller looking to meet people!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for Holi festival. Samar is an amazing dude and he made us all feel like a big family. The dorms were spacious and comfortable and clean. Everyone who worked there was friendly and welcoming. I really enjoyed my stay and wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo