All reviews rooftop restaurant no elevator city tour senior citizens mini bar very nice hotel booked this hotel top floor the hotel manager the river tasty food buffet breakfast clean rooms laundry service room service is boat trip wi fi
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Our Group of ten members, all Senior Citizens but for one, felt cent percent satisfaction over our comfortable stay for five nights in Hotel Heritage Inn. Soothing ambience blended with noticeable hospitality of the team of staff is indeed worthy of appreciation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JanardhananB
Reviewed 26 March 2018

To begin with; I am a budget traveler, a flash packer of sorts, and look for hotels in the $30 USD range. If I go over budget, no worries and if I find really cheap accommodations that suite me that’s an added bonus.

I’m currently on my second tour of India (February 2018 - March 2018). I find that all the hotels I have stayed at are pretty much the same. No matter what price I paid (500 - 2500 INR) at any given hotel, I found the cleanliness to be substandard, the rooms outdated and in need of serious remodeling and maintenance appears to be non existent. Typically the bedding, linen, pillows and towels are worn, stained and should be replaced. Hot water and water pressure can be an issue and I have at times skipped a shower. Amenities are totally lacking, mostly you get a roll of toilet paper and a bar of soap. Most budget hotels do not clean the rooms on a daily basis, seems to be upon request. Wi-Fi is hit or miss, some places it was quite good, others not so much. Never found much in the way of English language channels on the television so I did not watch it. A visit from a mosquito or two was a nightly occurrence at just about every hotel I stayed at.
India is noisy, and I found most hotels to be as well, from a combination of street sounds, staff and guests. In all honesty, none of the Indian hotels that I stayed at deserve more than three stars.

Now to the review:
This is by far the best hotel I stayed at during my two trips to India.

This is a professionally run hotel with clean rooms, good linen, English language news channels on the television. The Wi-Fi worked very well and I really can't find any thing to complain about.

The location is very good. Stayed here two nights at a walk in rate of 2200 INR.

Would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank J4939HJmichaelp
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Hotel Heritage Inn is a fantastic hotel. The owner is in the middle of renovating and adding on which will only make this an even better place to stay than it already is.

**Clean room
**Clean bathroom with western toilet
**Secure locks
**Poor, but free, internet

*The staff were very friendly and never left me wanting anything.
*The location is with a few minutes walk to the Ganges River which was great (be careful about those places ON the river, most of them are dumps!).
*The restaurant was also very nice. Great food and great service.

Do not be afraid to ask for anything (I softer pillow or a shirt button repair for instance - both of which they did for me). If they do not have it, they will find it and get it to you. They definitely went above and beyond to make sure this was a relaxing and enjoyable visit.

They also offer day tours that are very informative and enjoyable.

All in all, this was a gerat place to stay with great people and a great city to visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer section will be nicer and more modern
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JoshPWood
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My second time at this hotel which speaks volumes. Has been tastefully expanded in terms of the number of rooms since my previous stay (December 2016). I had the pleasure of one of the new rooms this time. Full air conditioning, fan and very good ensuite bathroom. Friendly, helpful staff; superb top floor restaurant with an extensive menu. Some wonderful dishes and reasonably priced (comparable to prices you would pay eating out at local restaurants). The hotel is in a very good location within easy walk of the river and the ghats and the walk provides an opportunity to soak up the atmosphere of Varanasi.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Found this hotel as per review from trip advisor and it’s a very good place to stay.

Right now no elevator,very shortly it will be installed. Good rooms, good service and you need to check in to hotel and they provide all sort of services for Kashi Vishwanath darshan and city tour. We had taken all our food in this hotel, their food is also awesome.

I recommend this hotel for your family trip. You need to book your to & fro travel from your place to Varanasi and take all other services from Heritage Inn, you will enjoy.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family