“expected better food”

Radisson Hotel Varanasi
Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Varanasi
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Last night I went to east west restaurant at Radisson Varanasi. Expected a lot better food and service from a hotel like Radisson. Last week I visited three different five stars in Varanasi for dining and this had the worst food among the lot. I went for a buffet at East West and the curries there didn't appear to be from a starred hotel. Their paneer tasted way too spicy like some local dhabas and the desserts were over sweet. The service was also extremely slow. For the crowd it attracts they need more waiters so that the customers can have some better experience in terms of service. In terms of food definitely they have to do lots to make it better. I was disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Saurabh M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, We have shared your feed back with our team for corrective action, assuring you our best services always.

Saurabh Mathur

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Varanasi

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed in Radisson, Varanasi for 2 days. Felt that their target is foreigners and not Indians. South indian food is bad.

Let me list some not so good experiences.

1. Hara bara kabab that we ordered didnt taste good. The raw taste of the dough was there in it. They took it back, fried it more, added more chilli powder and brought it back but still the dough taste was there.

2. The arabiata pasta was hard. Not sure if that how the pasta will be.

3. I asked for filter coffee. they said its there and brought one. But its very clear that its not filter coffee but just made something out of the regular coffee that they served.

4. Gave my pyjamas for laundry at 10pm and told clearly that I need it back by 9am next day as I need to checkout at 11:30am. They said that they will give it back by 9am. But till 12pm next day I didnt get it and I need to call and remain them to get it back.

Now the good part:

1. Free Internet connection without asking for it.

2. Membership card without asking for it.

3. Room was good.

Overall, I didnt find it great but good. For food, I will advise everyone to try other restaurants in the city. I will try other hotels in the same category when I go next time. I want to give 2.5 stars but I couldnt. So ending up giving 3.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RavikumarEswaran
Saurabh M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feed back on Trip Advisor. We have addressed your concerms with our team. Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in March 2012. The hotel is located a fair distance from the Ganges and the ghats but we enjoyed travelling to and from the riverside attractions. The hotel was a welcome retreat from the crowds and traffic of Varanasi. The rooms are large, cool and sleep was easy.
Staff were very helpful and the restaurant was great. The lobby and restaurant areas were comfortable and good places to sit and share experiences with other tourists.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gingerbread64

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Varanasi is a very caotic city and if you want to find some peace, the Radisson it's quite a good choice. Thaks it's position, the costant sound of traffic and car horns (the soundtrack of every trip in India) can hardly be heard from the hotel rooms. The room aren't very big and this can be a problem if you travel in three, like my parents and I did, but they're clean and comfortable enough.
We slept there for two nights and we tried both restaurant: they were both very good. The breakfast offers a good variety of food both Indian and international. The stuff (especially at the reception desk) isn't very friendly, but they don't hesitate to help you. I've been told the swimming pool is very nice even though by the time we were there it was too hot to hang around it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Caro_DFTBA

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on trip advisor. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We needed a haven from the very confronting ghats of Varanasi. We found it at the Raddison. It is quite a distance from the action and a car for 5 people cost us 1000rp every time we wanted to go to the river Ganges. The hotel room is typical Raddison, but starting to show signs of wear and tear. e.g. rips in the curtains. We stayed in a business class suite on level 5, with 3 adult family members in one room. The room was very comfortable and the AC excellent. The bathroom is quite small, especially the shower space. I'm not sure what the benefit of the business class level is other than a free drink during happy hour. The pool is excellent and I was always the only one in it. We loved the buffet breakfast and the staff are very keen to accommodate your every desire. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Saurabh M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Radisson Hotel Varanasi!!
Thank you for your feed back on trip advisor. Looking forward to welcome you back.