“hopefully they'll get better”
Review of Cresent Villa

Cresent Villa
Ranked #48 of 74 Hotels in Varanasi
tvbad
“hopefully they'll get better”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Pluses: clean. Shiny. New. Wifi. Safe and secure.
Cons: all of the below..
One star.

The hotel is located on a wide busy characterless thoroughfare. No shops, no stands. It’s 15-30 minute walk to the ghats. I don’t understand why they built a hotel here. There’s a large, deep, open sewer cesspool surrounding the front of the hotel.

No top sheet on the bed. Just a blanket. Gross. When I asked for a top sheet, they brought one that was extremely narrow. It took two more tries until they brought a sheet that fit the bed.

They spray “air freshener” when cleaning the rooms. Toxic smell. When I asked that they not spray it anymore, they sprayed it again.

The staff hovers in an attempt to be helpful, but felt overbearing and invasive. Twice I’ve had staff come up from behind me and try to grab bags out of my hands. They seriously need training.

The wifi they have (which is hard to come by in hotels in Varanasi) did not reach my room. After I complained, they made several attempts to fix the problem, each time we got a signal they insist on typing the password onto my computer and iphone themselves so as to keep it a secret from me. It took two members of staff to come to my room to eventually try to convince me there was something wrong with my iphone since it could not receive a signal. I had one or two bars out of five on the laptop. Plus they walked around my room with their shoes on, which you know is nasty if you’ve ever walked outside in varanasi.

The Indian food in the restaurant was quite good, just don’t order an American breakfast, my scrambled eggs tasted awful, had a rubbery, pebble like consistency and two out of my three bites had egg shells. The toast was so chewy I could hardly break off a bite.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank tvbad
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)