Lowest prices for your stay
$125
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$125
Trip.com
$116
Hotels.com$125
Priceline$139
Travelocity$125
All reviews beautiful property evening aarti comfort gm delhi ghats
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2020

Tree of Life was a very pleasant place to rest after the hustle and bustle of Varanasi. The individual rooms are gigantic and beautiful. The facility caters to westerners, so the menu provided is a little heavy on western selections. I frankly preferred their Indian offerings, but perhaps I am in the minority.

The staff are very kind, and the little village, which we toured, was absolutely charming.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pushpendra Singh Thakur, Other at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you indeed for such a wonderful description. I am so glad that you had an amazing experience with us at the Tree of Life Resorts.
Our chef will be happy to try something new as per your request.

Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

Beautiful, green, clean, peaceful and close to airport. Very friendly staff, always anticipating needs with a smile. Generous and delicious food. Spacious, comfortable and very well decorated rooms. Immersive welcome by the resident priest, including a sunset ceremony. The perfect place to rejuvenate while spacing out your overwhelming visits to the frenetic city.

Activities I have done through the hotel were morning ganga boat ride, city temples tour, evening boat aarti ceremony, and a tour of the local farmers village. All wonderful experiences. The only thing I mentioned to reception is that I should have known in advance about how each activity unfolds. Example : the driver dropped me at Sarnath temple and introduced me a local guide waiting there, but it was not clear to me that this was extra, as well as to pay entrance fee on the spot. I thought all that was arranged by the hotel. In the end, I was uncomfortable with the guide and paid his 500 rupees charge. Not that it was too much money for me, but perhaps I would have just liked a leisurely walk by myself reading signs and such.

One last thing to mention, bring extra money. The hotel’s credit card system didn’t work when checking out, and hopefully they accepted Canadian currency, which I had more of. You also need small 10 rupees notes for tipping the people watching over your shoes while visiting the various temples.

I would definitely return, should the opportunity present itself. Wonderful stay and great hospitality.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank quilliama
Reviewed 25 February 2020

This place is like an oasis in the desert, the surrounding farming area is lovely too though.
It is worth the extra money to shout yourself after the hustle and bustle (madness) of Varanasi!
The staff are lovely!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 February 2020

Initial impression very good but scratch below the surface and you'll find things like the water is only hot if you get to the shower before everyone else and eating the same meal two or three times in a row with the 'soup' getting thinner each time.
The very best thing about this two night stay was the concert of Indian classical music which was wonderful

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Jeffertonian
Pushpendra Singh Thakur, General Manager at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are extremely apologetic to note that your experience with us has not been up to the mark. We would like to talk to you and see how we can improve your experience with us going forward. We request you to please provide us with your booking details and contact number so that our Customer Experience team can get in touch with you and ensure such a thing never happens to you in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

Our stay here was so magical, what a charming place ! Staff were great, location stunning, and food lovely. We spent one afternoon wandering around the village which is just outside and were made to feel so welcome by the locals. Just a shame we didn't have longer to stay here !!

Trip type: Travelled with family