See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The guest house is located in central position, and the view from the restaurant located in the top floor is the best position in Varanasi! The workers are kind, in the reastaurant you can find a small travel agency and the man that work there is very helpfull ans professional. The rooms...the best are in the top floor but the rooms located in the first floor are very noisy especially during the night, so bring with you some ear plugs, they are not so big and and not the most clean that i haved seen. So the price (500 rupies per person!) was for me a little to expansive compared at other guest indian houses where the rooms was bigger and much more clean!

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2013

On the top floor and the patio above that you have a great view of the river. A short walk and you can be at a burning ghat. Traveling alone I found the narrow passage ways confusing but colorful. A guide was a good investment . The guest house had hot showers and the wifi worked sometimes. Management was polite. My room with a window had no outside view, at times there was noise. For the price and location - a good deal.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The guest house is located near the buring God place. It is probably one of the tallest buildings in this area. So you can have a decent view of the river. The restaurant on the top floor is nice. Apart from the above, nothing is okay, to be honet. There is some bad smell in the room. The blankets are smelly and dirty. I felt itchy after using it. It seems like the blankets were not washed for ages. Oh and the shower room, the water is not powerful. If you are looking for an enjoyable stay, avoid this house!

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

my wife and i checked in at Puja Hotel and it was the noistest hotel to stay at. At any point of the day the staff have absolutely no regard for guests in terms relaxation or noise levels for that matter. The day we checked in the manager had a huge and loud argument with one of his friends that it echoed through the hotel for everyone to hear. My wife asked then to keep quiet where she was waived a hand at and got dismissed, leaving me to intervein where i had lost my temper with the staff. Even during the middle of the night is also not a good time to sleep as the staff have a loud conversation on everynight.

Not sure how these guys ended up on these wedsites?????

Room tip: Not a peacefull hotel to stay at.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank becky r
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We had a difficult and uncomfortable stay due to a very unpleasant and unaccommodating manager Gopal who misled us initially by telling us there would be hot water 24 hours a day, and he would give us a discount if there wasn't. When we had no running water for a day and had no hot water for over two, he told us we had misunderstood him and that we were being unreasonable. He tried to insist on a number of occasions that we go to his silk shop to give him business, and was displeased when we politely declined. He did not respect my personal space and ignored my partner, speaking only to me, which made me feel very uncomfortable. When paying 1000 rupees a night for a room I expect it to be clean, comfortable and to have running water. Also, the travel agent charges were close to extortionate. My advice is to avoid Puja guest house.

Date of stay: January 2013