See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2013

my wife and i checked in at Puja Hotel and it was the noistest hotel to stay at. At any point of the day the staff have absolutely no regard for guests in terms relaxation or noise levels for that matter. The day we checked in the manager had a huge and loud argument with one of his friends that it echoed through the hotel for everyone to hear. My wife asked then to keep quiet where she was waived a hand at and got dismissed, leaving me to intervein where i had lost my temper with the staff. Even during the middle of the night is also not a good time to sleep as the staff have a loud conversation on everynight.

Not sure how these guys ended up on these wedsites?????

Room Tip: Not a peacefull hotel to stay at.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank becky r
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We had a difficult and uncomfortable stay due to a very unpleasant and unaccommodating manager Gopal who misled us initially by telling us there would be hot water 24 hours a day, and he would give us a discount if there wasn't. When we had no running water for a day and had no hot water for over two, he told us we had misunderstood him and that we were being unreasonable. He tried to insist on a number of occasions that we go to his silk shop to give him business, and was displeased when we politely declined. He did not respect my personal space and ignored my partner, speaking only to me, which made me feel very uncomfortable. When paying 1000 rupees a night for a room I expect it to be clean, comfortable and to have running water. Also, the travel agent charges were close to extortionate. My advice is to avoid Puja guest house.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Ash2468
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Not a bad place to stay close to most ghats. The upstairs rooftop restaurant has amazing Indian food and a good travel agent. Rooms are basic the Internet room is terrible the computers are rubbish and the Internet terrible. The owner is a creep of a bloke but all in all not to bad for a budget stay!

Room Tip: Book online
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ahundle
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We arrived at this guest house very late at night. We had booked a deluxe room which was the most disappointing room of our trip throughout India. The room was extremely basic - bare room with twin beds and two chairs!! We were provided with two thin blankets and one dodgy towel. (thankfully, we had packed microfiber sports towels and sleeping bag liners) The bathroom was not clean and no hot water at all!!
However, this guest house is situated in a prime spot for access to the Ganges. There is also an amazing view from the rooftop. The breakfast pancakes were lovely too!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim A
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

Im sorry to say but i really dont recommend to stay in this gh. It is terribly dirty! The staff is lazy and seemed to me they were cheating. Although the location is almost perfect i would never stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012