See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I rang the guesthouse on the morning of my arrival in Varanasi. I was told they had a room for 700 rupees but when I arrived they told me that someone had extended their stay and now the only room available was 1000 rupees. I just wanted a room so I took it. The room was spacious, had air con and a heater and 24 hot water. There was no tv but thats not what you're there for anyway. The rooftop restaurant is good and also fairly cheap. The hotel is really close to the ganges ghats which is good. The guesthouse is stuck in a maze of small laneways though and its easy to get lost. If you arrive and aren't sure, ask someone and they'll point you in the right direction as the guest house is well known

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Bucky219
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Me and my friend stayed here on for a night on 10th Nov 2011. We were charged Rs.250 per night for a double stay room without air-cond. It was good enough. Cleanliness can be improved and the room locking system is quite annoying too. the receptionist Rajoo is quite informative but overpromising for services. We waited for the boatman and a travel agent about half an hour than the promising time. Service is quite poor. But we don't expect any good service since the price is cheap. Food is quite average but i shall say a bit pricey for this hotel. Cafe located at the top roof, quite a good view.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank VijayaratinamRamah
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Puja GH has nice and basic rooms, relatively clean bathrooms. Don't expect luxury. I was there in November, so A/C I didn't need, fan was perfectly enough. Locking mechanisms of the rooms are quite annoying, but I got used to it. We used sleeping bags, no top sheets were provided. The guest house is a 5-10 min walk from the main ghat area, a little tricky to find when its dark in the evening if you try to reach it from the riverside - you have to go through some really dark tunnels between the Lalita Ghat and the guesthouse, it was perfectly safe though. Rooftop terrace is nice and peaceful, perfect place to relax; restaurant is a bit overpriced and the quality is not the best one, so we avoided it. No free internet access or Wi-Fi. Geckos in the rooms is something normal, we didn't care about these fellas :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ivo D
Reviewed 19 November 2011

avoid it! bad quality, bad service, dirty, expensive!! only terrace is good. restaurant very bad as well. bugs and rats in the rooms, really dirty. service was oscene. location is quite good, but nothing special. i do reccomend not to go there.
do not know what to add. surprisingly bad.
do not know what to add. surprisingly bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank luca p
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This is not a guesthouse, this is a disaster!
Default: simple and dirty.
Bad: quite dirty and sometimes only warm water.
Towels: with holes and stinky. Everywhere animals in the room!
But the worst part of the manager: every day he made promises, aber he never did anything..Er urged to show me Varanasi. At the appointed time, he has not even been published.
This Guest House makes just asking for trouble!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo