Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 197
US$ 129
eDreamsUS$ 197
TravelocityUS$ 197
Booking.comUS$ 197
All reviews gomti river club room decent hotel comfortable stay swimming pool room service lucknow city rooms are spacious food quality nice property visit lucknow hospitality ambience lawn india mr spread
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

Hotel Clarks Awadh is very nice hotel to stay in Lucknow as it is centrally located in heart of city , all shopping areas nearby. I visited for Doctors conference at this hotel , very nicely they arranged for conference and service good , food also good , staff courtesy was good . I stayed here too , rooms r good well kept , old hotel but maintained very well , swimming pool large nice .

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Shobhit786, Manager at Clarks Avadh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during your visit in Hotel Clarks Avadh Lucknow and we sincerely appreciate your time and review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to found our service and product to your satisfaction.

we are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of service which keeps us motivated and helps us in serving our best.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

Since we have an office at Lucknow I travel to the city fairly often. On my wife’s insistence we decided to stay at The Clarks Avadh on the 26th August 2015. Normally I don’t stay at this Hotel despite visiting the city regularly for over 8 years. But on this occasion my wife who spent a significant part of her childhood in this city had fond memories of the hotel. And particularly The Falaknuma (rooftop) restaurant to which she had made a recent visit during a wedding in the family.

So basically this rooftop restaurant (not open air, it’s just top floor) induced our stay in this hotel. Sadly the stay was very average with the room quality being just about Ok and just about what you would expect after shelling out the kind of money that we did. But the service quality was very disappointing.

Our experience at the Falaknuma was one of the low points of the stay. Since the restaurant was the reason we stayed at the Hotel we asked the reception the opening time and dot on time we were at the restaurant. But to our surprise the place was locked. It took us a good 10 – 15 minutes and a bit of asking around before the doors were thrown open. Misery did not end there though. We ordered some food and waited patiently for it to arrive; being fully aware that since it has just opened the doors preparing and serving food will surely take time. In a while the waiters and other staff people increased in numbers. Shortly thereafter some of our city based guests also joined us. The problem that I want to point out about service level was that despite being a good 5 – 6 in numbers the waiters just stayed close to the restaurant entrance or kitchen door, rather than being around the occupied tables. They were NOT BOTHERED about what the people sitting on the tables may want. Each time we needed something instead of just looking up and asking the waiter to get it, I had to on at least 5 occasions walk up to the entrance door where all these people were just standing and chatting and make the request for things as basic as water. This is not what one would expect going to a top notch restaurant, in what is “supposed to be” one of the best Hotel in the city.

The culinary misery did not end that evening, next day it got worse at breakfast. The lay out was elaborate and I decided to have some cold coffee which was kept at the counter. When I lifted the Glass bottle it seemed very lukewarm and not surprising as it just sat there, there were no means to keep it cold it was just lying there at the counter probably for a long while. I pointed this out to the lady managing the restaurant and she immediately picked it up and started walking away, I requested her to get me a proper cold coffee to which she nodded her head. A little while later a glass of cold coffee with a LOT of ice added to it arrived at my table. I gulped it down without realizing at the time what a blunder I was committing. It was only after about 2 hours that I started feeling very sick in the stomach and by the end of the day I had severe diarrhoea, nausea and frequent vomiting. IT SEEMS (NOW IN HINDSIGHT) THAT THE LADY ONLY ADDED A LOT OF ICE TO THE FLASK OF COLD COFFEE WHICH HAD PROBABLY GONE BAD & STALE. I was very sick for a good one week thereafter.

In a nutshell the Hotel has a good location, reasonably good rooms but the service is pathetic. The staff is mostly aged and probably been with the hotel for very long. They just don’t care and lack the zeal to please you might associate with younger staff. Even the younger lot at the reception are very COLD and uninviting. All that it takes to feel a guest welcome is a SMILE. Sadly even that does not come your way.

You may ask did anyone ask you for a feedback at the restaurant or on check out? Are you kidding me? When you allow a guest to stay at the hotel you are employed with, you actually do the guest a favour. What’s a feedback?

So as far as I am concerned this Hotel goes back to where it was earlier, before my wife convinced me to stay this one night, IT’S COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE.

Room tip: Look for one with a view of the river
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Shobhit786, Manager at Clarks Avadh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2015

Dear Sir,

Greetings of the day!

We are very sorry for your unsatisfactory experience with us. We will look forward to your points & we will make sure to come over with all these points and render our services better than before.

Look forward for your visit again in Hotel Clarks Avadh.

Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2015

I had nostalgia about this hotel. We used to see this hotel when I studied in this City but we never stayed in this hotel. Recently I had a chance to stay in this hotel along with my wife. Rooms have a nice view of river Gomati so much so that you dont feel that you are staying in a crowded city like lucknow. The elderly staff has all the Nawabi courtesy of lucknow . The breakfast was good.Room decor is good but toilets need face lift.
Overall an excellent place to stay in Lucknow.

Room tip: river side corner room on upper floor
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Shobhit786, Manager at Clarks Avadh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Reviewed 27 October 2015

The Hotel Clacks Avadh situated in the hard of the City and it is very comfortable for the meeting, specially the Press conference and the Guest who come from difference city and it is nearby the Imambara and Hazrat Gunj.

Room tip: Room on the left side can view the Stadium and road.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 22 October 2015

It was a refreshing change for me to experience the old world charm at Clarks Avadh Lucknow. If you are looking for those modern design hotels with all the gizmos...then this is not the hotel for you, but for me it was a trip down memory lane....with excellent service, decent rooms with all amenities & great food. Could not have asked for more.

Also the location of the hotel is fantastic, you can walk to Hazratganj...do some shopping, eat at Royal cafe, watch a movie and walk back. And if you are sightseeing - all the places are within 2 to 4 kilometers including the foodie famous Tunday kababs/Prakash Falooda/dastarkhan and many chikon shops.

The rooftop restaurant here Falukanana has excellent ambience and food and the breakfast served at the Coffee Shop is quite decent. The pool is decent size and the gym is adequate.

All in all a very enjoyable stay for me, and great value for money at 5K a night for double occupancy including food.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Shobhit786, Manager at Clarks Avadh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015