“Good hotel, bad luck”
Review of Utkarsh Vilas

Utkarsh Vilas
Ranked #116 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The hotel is good, very nice design, good swimming pool, the room was good and clean.
The breakfast was an indian breakfast, as I hate indian food, I didn't like it. But at least the breakfast was better then other Indian hotels i have already stayed.
I was ina bad luck during this trip, the AC was not working properly, at 3AM I called the reception and they tried to solve the problem, as they were not able to solve it, They offered me another room, I moved and for my surprise the AC was not working also.
The problem in most of the hotels in India is that the AC is a Central AC, then you cannot do too much to increase or decrease the temperature.
The hotel is average, nothing that will surprise you positively speaking. I have been there once, but i really don't know if i would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Utkarsh Vilas

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I went to this hotel in February 2011 with great expectations. But I was extremely disappointed. The hotel is absolutely lifeless, as one other reviewer has said. I arrived there during lunchtime and according to the tour guide, the hotel would have its lunch ready. But to my amazement, lunch was not ready as they had not cooked anything at all. I had to wait for almost an hour while they prepared lunch. To make matters worse, my wife and my kids started vomitting and gaving diarrhoea later in the evening. The staffs are extremely rude, especially the receptionist. I will never go back to this hotel even if I was given a million dollars.

• Stayed: February 2011
4  Thank Paramalingam
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My travel agent recommend this hotel for our stay in agra as part of our package tour in india. Hotel design is moorish-indian architecture nice to take photo in front of the hotel. the huge lobby is simply furnish with white paint all over the place. Room and bathroom are old but have been renovated. Pool is under repair during our stay. It's nice to have a shopping mall across the street. but we have latter found out that it only have limited tenants. We ate in the hotel restaurant for our dinner, breakfast and lunch and find the food to be above average. Taj Mahal is so elegant and beautiful for photo in all angles.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

the hotel looks very pretty on the outside but like many other hotels in india they lack that "sparkle" factor im looking for. dont bother with their fridge and try not to use the stairs but the price isnt bad, the bed soft with marble washrooms. also, the staff of this hotel more than makes up for the lack of amenities. they were extra attentive both at the restaurant and at the concierge and even helped me print out my airplane ticket which i lost in transit for free.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank papemelroti
Reviewed 29 April 2011

i booked this hotel through hotel website. Trip advisor shows some very good comments and some horrible comments about this hotel, i decided to go for it.
i travelled with my wife and son, its very hot out there in agra during april. The best part of this hotel which i liked is the hotel lobby. we were very tired and feeling very hot but the huge lobby and the chilled atmosphere changed evrything, we were feeling as if we had landed to some hill station. Believe me the centrally airconditioned was chilling us in the summer. Above all here we can find the best front office team u can find anywhere in the world. Everything was so organised we were offered tikka and garlanding[the traditional indian welcome] followed by welcome drink. It took no time for the check in and the bell boys escorted us to the room. Just like lobby, room was very beautiful and comfortable, bathroom was clean and spacious.
we had very good dinner and the breakfast next day morning. The swimming pool was neat and clean. Thought of staying extra night but time didnt permit us, but we will be coming back soon to this hotel and definetly recommend this hotel to ur friends back at delhi.

full credit goes to the owner and the general manager who have such a wonderful sweet team working with them.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family