Amar Yatri Niwas
US$ 42
US$ 35
US$ 527
  • Pool
All reviewscosta coffeebudget hotelac worked welltaj mahal and red fortnice place to stayfatehabad roadbasic amenitieswalking distancevisit agranice roomhotel roomwi firailway stationrooms are spaciousmrkmrates
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Hotel was pathetic, as per service was very bad , their bathrooms are in a bad shape , they have not put jets in the flush of bathroom , so its very ockward to clean ur bodypart with the mugs, nobody is ready to listen it., management & staff were not co-operative , even they have not given the bill to me after completing my stay & paid full payment in advance by your site, .he told me that you can claim bills from the booking site. I am not suggesting any body to stay in this hotel.

regards

Dinesh Khanna
(--)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed 20 May 2012

26 quid (£) a night got me a double room in this average hotel. Overall though, I think it's a bit pricey.

Good stuff:
Pleasant helpful porters, nice air con system + ceiling fan.
2 types of provided toilet roll (soft & firm - how funny is that)
Comfy bed, slept well despite the hotel being just off a main road.
I didn't eat in the hotel due to there being a Pizza hut & Costa Coffee either side :)
It's all very clean looking until you scrutinise...

Bad stuff:
tiny green fries all over the bathroom - the window in there didn't open so I guess they make their way up through the drains in the floor. They were getting into the bedroom too due to the bathroom door having decorative holes in the design. The smell from the sink was also pretty bad when you first run the taps.
There was only one 'working' power point for recharging stuff.
The Taj isn't really within walking distance. Get a tuk tuk.

I think I'd stay again, I'm sure the green fly thing was a one off :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We were booked in this hotel because of a large wedding reception being held in our original hotel. Unusual hotel in that you walked down into the lobby from the street. This made the lobby area somewhat dark, but the lobby was large with many comfortable chairs.
Had no problems with our booking. Staff was anxious to please and made an effort to make sure you were happy. Check in was quick, rooms were large and comfortable, and dining was adequate. Nothing outstanding, but nothing bad. Good location for touring the sights in Agra.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leb8680
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Where to start?? Rooms terrible, staff useless, restaurant gave me food poisoning. Tried to spend the next day in bed and was harassed by phone calls asking me if I wanted breakfast or my room cleaned. A staff member just came into my room while I was in bed, without knocking and the do not disturb light was on!! he apologized and said he thought I was out and was going to clean my room. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Well it is one of the best deals you can get in the city for a weekend visit with your family, if you are planning a budget luxury stay. It is located at a prime location with agra fort and the Taj at close proximities. The staff is friendly and welcoming. They are open to negotiations and i was surprized with an upgraded room upon arrival. The food is good, the rooms are spacious and hygiene well maintained. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2012