“Very interesting but is not the Taj Mahal”
Review of Agra Fort

US$ 81.25*
Private Tour to Agra From Delhi Including Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
US$ 129.99*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Private Taj Mahal and Agra Fort Tour, Dine with a View and...
Ranked #2 of 108 things to do in Agra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An important medieval complex with beautiful mosques and palaces.
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I think that many people visit Agra just to see the Taj Mahal so anything esle is an anti-climax. However, enjoy the Fort for what it is and there is plenty to see and learn about which really does add to the overall enjoyment of a once only trip, for most, to Agra.
Don't compare it with what you saw and the Taj and just take in the experience.

1  Thank peterindevon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

When you consider that this fort was built in the 1400s and look at the complexity of the stone work and the sheer size of the fort you kust have to wonder how this was built with hand tools alone, there was no machinery just people. Amazing.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

It is a great place but may turn out very tiring.......has beautiful landscapes, we went there on a sunny day which left us tiered & irritated by the end.......good to go once .....lot of crowd there & the dhabas outside may turn out to be very costly & unhygenic. Overall- good!!!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

A wonderful and interesting destination best seen with an Indian government approved guide who can interpret the site for you.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

What I loved most about this place was that I went early (8am-ish) and it was basically empty. Got to take tons of pictures and not be worried about people getting in my shots or embarrassed when getting myself in all the random shots on timer... ;-) Be aware though, here like everywhere in Agra, they don't allow tripods, even small gorillapods, and when I used one the security guard watched me use it, then when I put it away, he asked me to come with him, told me it was illegal to use it, and to pay him money. I got angry, he got angry, then he tried to take me to his office at which point I just said "whatever, sorry" and walked away and he didn't bother following me. If the same happens to you, just walk away into a crowd of people if possible. Otherwise, enjoy the place!

1  Thank MiyagiMan