“Best Five Star Hotel Near Taj Mahal”

Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra
Ranked #8 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 28 June 2012

It is the best 5 star hotel in Agra.Its services are best and the way they treat their customers is very good.I stayed in Jaypee palace Hotel 2 times.

Room Tip: Don't search for any other hotel in Agra it is the best 5 Star hotel and best in hospitality.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janak B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was disappointed with the Jaypee Palace hotel. Being that it was supposed to be "5 star" and the place where diplomats and big-wigs stayed, I found it to be very disappointing indeed.

I wonder if there are two different sections of the hotel? Maybe I just got the crappier side? I had my room arranged through a tour, and found my room to be mediocre. While the lobby decor was beautiful, the rest of the hotel/convention center was very empty and scantly decorated. The hallways were severely echo-y and loud (I had to yell at guests one afternoon because they were letting their kids run around screaming, which echo'd throughout the whole cavernous section of our hall). As for the rest of the room: the toiletries were sparse - one soap and one shampoo - and that was it. No lotion, no conditioner. Disappointing! Was this the USA version of Motel 6? (2 star?)

As for the amenities:

First, while the fountains and pool area are beautiful, the pool was HOT. When it's 110F, I'd like to cool off in a cool pool. To find the water very warm/hot was another disappointment. Secondly, the spa. While my massage was awesome, it was done in a small converted hotel room so lacked true ambiance. There was no steam room, and you literally had to shower in a hotel shower attached to the spa). The fitness room was the same: an old converted hotel room. It had adequate workout equipment, however, so that was good.

Finally: WIFI. For a 5-star hotel, I'd really like to have complimentary wi-fi. It was a nightmare trying to FIND someone in the business office to actually provide me a wifi key/password. It was highly annoying because I had to wait a long time for the key (once you finally found someone working in the business center). In order to find the business center, you had to walk through the bowling alley and game room, which was obnoxiously loud (blaring music). This baring music is fine if you're there to bowl and party there, but annoying when you have to wait there for 15 minutes waiting for someone to show up to the business center to provide you a for-free wifi password.

Next, I got locked out of my hotel room due to a dysfunctional bolt lock (after waiting 15 minutes for a wifi password). This was not boding well for the hotel's review.

Last, I found the free breakfast to be medicore. What annoyed me the most was being HIT ON the whole time by my servers during breakfast. I have an ipod headset in, and don't want to be flirted with (being a single female traveler). I finally had to raise my hand and obviously ask the multiple servers to leave me alone.

Overall, disappointing. Maybe I was just jaded after having an AMAZING 5 star experience at Eros (managed by Hilton) in New Delhi and Jai Mahal Palace (in Jaipur). Now those hotels are truly 5 star!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jae L
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Took some winding route within Agra to reach Jaypee,but once in d Hotel portal it was warm hospitality that took away d heat of my road fatigue. A grand place with continuous stream of tourists. Food is wonderful in all the three restraunts specially the buffet. Rooms are well furnished with equally prompt room service.
It is a huge place with fast hospitality culture & fine dining .

Room Tip: preferably opt for first floor room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Nice hotel, although a little cavernous (certainly feels like a conference centre). Decent breakfast, but the Chinese restaurant was quite disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Jaypee Palace for one evening after sightseeing in Agra. During our stay, we saw several families with children of all ages; the number of activities within the hotel compound make it a good hotel for those traveling to India with children or in groups. Overall, we appreciated the various food, shopping and recreational options, but thought that the rooms could use renovations.

Location/Service
The hotel is located in close proximity to the Taj Mahal and other major Agra sites. We arrived after a long drive from Delhi and a day of sightseeing, so the hotel’s convenient location was a big plus. The hotel was well-staffed and the staff we interacted with were helpful. Our tour guide and another Indian family we spoke to mentioned that Jaypee was considered the best place to stay in Agra.

Rooms
The hotel grounds are large, making it a bit of a maze (ask for a room closer to the entrance if you require it). The hotel lobby and grounds were more impressive than the rooms, which were dated and in need for renovations. Our room smelled of smoke even though we requested a non-smoking room.

Dining
We enjoyed the Cantonese food served with an Indian flare and prepared by a chef from Hong Kong at C’est Chine. The breakfast buffet provided adequate options. Since there weren’t many dining options immediately outside the compound, it was helpful that the hotel offered several restaurants, especially after a long day of sightseeing.

Amenities
The shopping arcade was a convenient place to get a sense of souvenir pricing. As expected, shops in other parts of town offered more competitive pricing, so be sure to haggle if you buy something. We enjoyed the bowling alley and thought that the arcade was a good option for adults and kids alike. Due to the cool weather, we did not take advantage of the pool or spa during our stay.

Summary
Jaypee Palace is a good, family friendly location for your time in Agra and I would consider staying here again. However, the rooms could use renovations, perhaps not as much of an issue if one is sightseeing for most of the day.

Room Tip: The hotel grounds are large, making it a bit of a maze (ask for a room closer to the entrance if you...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Convinced