Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
vavasthi
Bengaluru, India

Good place to stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Jan 2017
The place is located comparatively close to the Taj but it still is not at a walkable distance. The stay was comfortable. The room was well appointed. The food could do with some improvement. It is not bad but not really out of the ordinary.
Place has good parking lot in case you are self driving.
Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 24 Jan 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Gateway Hotel during your visit to Agra and also for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read such a delightful recommendation.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Your room, personalized service & location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

I have shared your compliments with the entire team, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

I have also made a good note of your constructive feedback referring to numerous aspects of our services, please be assured that your feedback will be taken most seriously to work on and deliver the standard expected from us.

It was an absolute delight to have been of service to you and we all await your return to stay with us soon.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write the review and recommending the hotel. Please feel free to contact and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions and other concerns.

₹7,080
    ₹2,193
3.6 km from Tajview Agra-IHCL SeleQtions
View more hotels in Agra
2,979 results
All reviews taj view taj group indian restaurant puppet show taj hotel an upgrade swimming pool rooftop bar duty manager f b courteous staff restaurant staff memorable stay front office comfortable stay great hospitality geeta
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2017

We stayed at Gateway Taj for two nights with our family from 27th to 29th December. Our room on 4th floor had pool and garden view. Rooms are spacious and clean.Breakfast spread was very good which was backed up with excellent service.Our overall experience has been very good. Thanks to Duty manager Mr Rishabh Zutshi for taking care us nicely.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Paramveer S, General Manager at Tajview Agra-IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear Guest,

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read that the products and services exceeded your expectations.

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us & that the cuisine was to your taste.

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback on our location and serenity.

I have shared your compliments with the entire team, specially with Mr. Rishabh Zutshi, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

1. Arrival : Very Warm and endearing, hassle free, given priority as was travelling with an infant 2. Upgrade : Since I am a Gold Epicure member, was given an upgrade to a Suite without mine even asking for it 3. Room escort 4. Suite Specs : Huge room with a living room and ample sapce to relax, spick and span clean, furniture classy, had that Old World touch, expansive washroom. Lovely view of the Taj. can certainl say a cut above the other luxury suites i have stayed in and I travel a lot both for work and leisure 5. Host of complimentary services offered. 6. Service attentiveness : Every staff ensured that we were given priority as we were travelling with an infant 7. Special emphasis on occasion : Since it was my wife's birthday, i was wished by almost every staff. speaks about compassion and taking that every step for enhancing customer delight. 8. Uniform service delivery at each interaction point. 9. Food : good portions, delicately spread and crisp and good dine in room. Would say value for money. they even offered complimentary french fries for the baby 10. Checkout : prepared packet for the baby while checking out There may be other hotels or chains more luxurious than Taj Fatehabad, but the warmth and love with which the services at the Taj is offered is unmatched. the amazing part is you get the same levels and that unique human touch across all Taj. Highly recommended

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am most delighted to read your pleasant comments regarding your stay at The Gateway Hotel, Agra and to know that the cuisine was to your taste.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the view of Taj Mahal from your room.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Your room, delicious food, personalized services & location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our effort remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

It is very encouraging to receive such appreciation and I will proudly share it with all the team members who contribute in creating beautiful experiences for our guests.

I thank you once again for your positive and appreciative feedback and look forward to have more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Located very comfortably, this place is one the better places to stay when in Agra. Food, service , staff...all make your stay memorable.
and for the amount they charge..........amazing.
The pool is enjoyable too.

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank Amit1998
Paramveer S, General Manager at Tajview Agra-IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am most delighted to read your pleasant comments regarding your stay at The Gateway Hotel, Agra.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Your room, personalized service, delicious food & location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Sadly, we conclude after our visit that this is not 5 Star. There are other incredible hotels in Agra (ITC over the road, Oberoi...) whereas The Gateway Hotel looks tired and in need of major renovation. The paintwork in the breakfast room is peeling and there is a terrible smell that pervades the whole 4th floor when the scented candles are not burning. The WiFi was free but I was unable to log in despite repeated attempts.

The good points: the people are fantastic and offered every assistance at all times without one feeling the need to tip them every time. There are activities each day like the puppet show and a magician; the food is superb and the bar is well stocked at reasonable prices. The garden is beautifully kept and in the right season the swimming pool must be a great centre of relaxation and fun.

There were a lot of screaming, uncontrolled children while we were there so perhaps this hotel is best for young families rather than couples or business travellers.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pavarotti52

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the view of the Taj Mahal from your room and the cuisine was to your taste.

I am pleased to read that personalised services and various entertainment arrangements which we make for our guest like Puppet show & magic show left a great impression on you.

Our hotel offers an excellent opportunity to relax and unwind in tranquil surroundings and this is what our guests appreciate the most about us. It is great to know that the charm of the stunning landscaped gardens, pool and the serene ambiance of the hotel worked its magic on you; however it is with regret that I note your disappointment with a number of aspects where we fell short in meeting your expectations.

I have studied your feedback and have discussed the same in detail with the concerned teams. We regret that your experience in this instance was less than satisfactory. Your experience is certainly not representative of the care and service we strive to provide for our guests at The Gateway Hotel and I will personally follow this up to avoid any repetition of such an experience in the future. I do appreciate you taking the time to bring the matter to our attention.

Once again thank you for your kind and constructive feedback and we hope to welcome you back again. Please feel free to contact and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions and other concerns.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our Golden Triangle tour. The hotel faces a very busy and noisy street but once inside there is peace and quiet and a sense of relaxation.
We had a warm welcome and from the start of our two night stay the staff were fantastic. They quietly provide a top class service and seem to identify what you need before you actually ask for it. We had a very nice room with King size bed, safe, iron, hair dryer and mini bar. There was also complementary bottled water. We had a room facing the garden and swimming pool which was quiet. Rooms facing the front of the hotel have a view of the Taj Mahal but will also,have the street noise.
You can see the Taj Mahal from the roof Sky View.
The food is very good and varied. We had a tour of the kitchen with some cooking lessons with Guest service manager Dinesh Pal. We found the kitchen to be spotlessly clean and the staff took real care in their work.
The hotel is very nice but the staff definitely made our stay very relaxed and enjoyable.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am most delighted to read your pleasant comments regarding your stay at The Gateway Hotel, Agra and to know that the you enjoyed the view of Taj Mahal from Skydeck.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Check in experience, your room, personalized services, delicious food & location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

Little touches and intuitive service have a huge impact on the overall experience and I am delighted to know that our team was able to create some fond memories for you with friendly gestures and courteous service. They have yet again made me proud!

I have shared your compliments with the entire team, especially with Chef Dinesh, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.