“Blissful”
Review of ITC Mughal, Agra

ITC Mughal, Agra
Ranked #13 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The hotel if fabulous. The entrance lobby gives the feel of Mughal City. The room interiors are excellent. Just stayed there for one night, but the experience was there to be remembered. The unique swimming pool, the spa experience was excellent. The food could have been a little better. However, the experience overall was exemplary.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bharath_Satyaprakash
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having stayed at ITC Mughal - A Luxury Collection Hotel and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that the services rendered towards you were up to your level of standards and that your stay was a memorable one. It is comments such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services. We at ITC Mughal strive to make every moment, a moment of WOW for our guests. I assure that you will experience the same level of luxury, comfort and service in your next visit too.

Assuring our best services and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to ITC Mughal - A Luxury Collection Hotel, Agra.

Sanjay Sharma

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Nice hotel but really nothing spectacular when you consider what you expect. Many of the rooms are a little worn and restaurants ( didn't try the Indian one) are very ok.

We had problems and the staff did accommodate us by moving rooms, refunding Internet service charge, etc, but still we had these issues we didn't expect.

Also, the staff at the spa seemed absent when my wife went to use the facilities - and this was just a little before her scheduled appt time which she was encouraged to do. Curious?

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dabramow
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having stayed at ITC Mughal - A Luxury Collection Hotel and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

We also thank you sharing your kind feedback with us about the experience at the hotel. Please be assured that I have taken cognizance of your comments and this is to assure you that the same has been reviwed very seriously and corrective administrative actions are being taken in this regard. I am sanguine that you will have a superlative experience during your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

In June I completed a one night stay at this hotel. I have mixed feeling about the hotel.

Pros:

- Very convenient for exploring the Taj and Agra Fort, and if you're in Agra I guess this is what you're going to be doing.
- Peshawari Restaurant is amazing. I recommend the lamb!
- I found the rooms to be much better than the ITC in Jaipur, very quiet and spacious.
- Nice gym and pool area. The pool attendants were very friendly.

Cons:

- I've stayed at three ITC hotels now, and have had very mixed impressions of the staff. The ITC Grand Central in Mumbai has fantastic staff from check-in to concierge to restaurant. However, here at the ITC Agra and at the ITC Jaipur I felt that the front desk staff was extremely cold and disinterested.

- My other big complaint is that this hotel uses dynamic currency conversion for credit card payments. At checkout, I specifically informed the staff that I wanted to be billed in INR. The credit card receipt was completely deceptive as it showed the amount in INR and then noted in small print that the INR was going to be converted back to USD at a very favorable exchange rate to the hotel and unfavorable exchange rate to me. As someone who works in this industry, let me assure you that it is the HOTEL that assents to the set up of this system and profits from it. While DCC is common all over the world this is the only hotel that i've stayed at that blatantly disregarded my request to be billed in the home currency of the hotel.

I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank ADAMLG

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 14 July 2012

'Experience is when you have it'... Which was wonderful..this hotel makes Agra proud of its hospitality... Wonderful wonderful stay... With lots of lovely memories while coming back... Everything from room to staff were fabulous... We were pampered to the core.. Eager to come back again

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank rykumar

Reviewed 13 July 2012

The Hotel is an amazing experience. You have to visit it to believe it. The best after visiting almost 50 properties. God bless the staff. They are very cordial. I went with my family for the first time after almost 4 visits. It was an exhilarating experience. You are blessed when your family is happy.

Room Tip: All rooms are well appointed. Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business