“Nice hotel, bad food poisoning”
Review of ITC Mughal, Agra

ITC Mughal, Agra
Ranked #13 of 145 Hotels in Agra
Sydney, Australia
“Nice hotel, bad food poisoning”
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

A nice private LEED platinum hotel but the buffet cost me a day of sickness - violent vomiting, diahhorea and a hotel that seemed more focused on reputation management than sorting the problem didn't help. Reasonably close to Agra my advice would be to suffer 10 hours of traffic and travel from Delhi to see the Taj Mahal, Red Fort and Fatepur Sikri etc. I'm disappointed that of all the places I'd get sick in India that it would be an Agra 5 star hotel again! My last Agra visit also gave me Hepatitis A from food poisoning and lasted years. That's my last trip to Agra.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank 2010Walkabout
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having stayed at ITC Mughal - A Luxury Collection Hotel and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

I have taken cognizance of your feedback regarding your experience at the Hotel and am glad to know that you are in good health, as apprised to us by our Hotel Doctor, after he visited you, in the Hotel you were staying in Delhi, post your departure from Agra.

Based on your feedback upon check - out, the same was thoroughly investigated and rest be assured that there is no cause for concern with regards to the food you had consumed in the Hotel.

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued support in the future.

Regards
Sanjay Sharma
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Duluth, GA
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is a five star property. Hotel is amazing, decor is excellent. Hotel staff is works hard to please you. As soon as you enter the hotel, I was awestruck by the decor inside the hotel. It is very tastefully done. Food is excellent and staff is very polite and always ready to please. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Definitely need to come back. Rooms are excellent, with excellent mordern decor. We had stayed only one night but wish I had stayed more.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FunTourist

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having stayed at ITC Mughal - A Luxury Collection Hotel and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that the services rendered towards you were up to your level of standards and that your stay was a memorable one. It is comments such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services. We at ITC Mughal strive to make every moment, a moment of WOW for our guests. I assure that you will experience the same level of luxury, comfort and service in your next visit too.

Assuring our best services and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to ITC Mughal - A Luxury Collection Hotel, Agra.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was very impressed by the hotel's decor and the room. The lobby's decor has Taj Mahal theme. I was upgraded to a suite room in a wing that has modern rooms. One of my friends had a suite in a wing that has the rooms built when the hotel was built. Both our suits were large, with a large living room. But mine was much more impressive that hers. My room has modern and beautiful decor and furniture, with India culture inspiration. The bathroom had white marble, rain forest shower and a large tub. My friend's was green marble and furniture of 70's. The bed was comfortable. The whole hotel was very clean. I had a very good night of sleep. The pool design was very nice and cool.

We ate at one of the hotel restaurant Peshawri. I was very happy with the meal and will write a separated review. The breakfast wasn't so impressed though.

I will return to it if I go back again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sophie L

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel is so luxurious you will think you're suddenly not in Agra anymore! It is a serene haven in the midst of chaos. The Indian restaurant is delicious - must be tried. There is also a large bar area to sit down at the end of the day and relax with a cold drink. The rooms are modern and tastefully decorated - including the corner floor bed. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The breakfast spread offers a large selection including made to order hot food. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation. Great value.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Gurgaon
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stayed at the Hotel with my family which included my parents, wife and kids.
The Kids had holiday homework of visiting a historical place so we chose Agra.
My family had no clue about the Hotel where we were supposed to stay and this was a surprise for them.
We were given a warm welcome on entering the hotel by Poonam and her team and were offered a drink which refreshed us.
The check in took few minutes and the guys at check in counter were too attentive and sweet making this experience great.
We were personally escorted to our rooms which had been upgraded.
The rooms were beautiful, large and luxurious with my room having a pool view and my parent’s room overlooked lush greenery.
After settling down I took my kids to the view the Taj from Hotels Observatory.
The view was superb.
Then we went to the pool.
The pool is beautifully designed and my kids fell in love with it.
The Hotel has a lot to explore.
Spread on an area of 35 acres you are never sure whether you have explored enough or there is something still left.
The list is endless but would like to mention the highlights.
The splendid Interiors of the Hotel depict the Mughal era and so are the names of rooms and suites.
The Jogging track and the pathway the amidst the lush greenery with piped music makes one fell in love with the nature.
I currently stay in a millennium city with all high rises and very less greenery and the Hotel was a perfect place for us to unwind and a perfect destination for any Nature Lover.
My parents liked the elevated wooden plank area opposite the health club where they sat for hours watching the breathtaking view of beautiful splash fountains and ducks playing in the pond.
This view for me too was mesmerizing.
The passage from pool to the Spa has been designed so tastefully that you cannot resist taking photographs of your family with wooden planks on top and golden brass polished dome lights on pillars.
The invitation by the Hotel’s General Manager for Dinner at ‘Peshawri' the highly acclaimed restaurant was a dream come true.
The interiors were great with a rustic ambience and just perfect lighting. The menu was carved on wood.
One unique thing my wife who is a diehard vegetarian liked was the ‘chequered colored apron’ identifying the guest’s preference of being a Vegetarian or a Non Vegetarian...
Also while we had just been seated, we were paid a surprise visit by Mr. Sanjay Sharma the General Manager who asked about our well being and our food preferences.
I couldn’t have asked for more.
This is truly a world class hospitality which left us touched.

We all enjoyed the the signature dishes and had to literally request Mr. Mobin and his Team not to serve more as we couldn’t stop taking more helpings.
They made us feel like a Maharaja with nonstop servings. The sumptuous food was a foodie’s delight with succulent Kebabs, Dal Bukhara, Veg Tawa platter, Paneer Khurchan etc and an excellent assortment of breads. The Deserts were great too making my mother forget her being a diabetic.
The parting gift was a ‘Paan’ which immediately melted in the mouth.
The Breakfasts at Taj bano was an affair to remember with so much stuff laid out and even more available on order.
My Mom enjoyed the ‘Multi Grain Dosa’ which I was told that this has been an ITC chef’s Invention.
I could not resist having Poori and Aloo ki subzi which was quite tempting and few glasses of Sweet lassi, Mango shake and cold coffee trying to forget the calorie intake for the morning.

Mr. Raaghav the Astt F&B Manger was personally overseeing the requirements of guests and my mom couldn’t say no to him once he brought freshly steamed Idli’s even though she had finished her breakfast.
Mr. Mohan brought readymade Tea for my Dad once he knew that my dad does not like the Black tea.
This really was a sweet gesture. Mr. Afsar was always eager to help and instantly refilled the drinks.
We loved each and every moment of our stay at the Hotel.
Would like to convey a big thank-you to Mr. Sanjay Sharma the General manager for all the help extended, and a big thank- you to Mr. Dhirendra, Deependra Rana, Akshay at the reservation desk for smilingly allowing us a late check out , Mr.Trevor for always asking us about our outing plans, meal plans and guiding us to visit Taj mahal at Dawn to avoid the heat, Pappu at the recreation room where my kids were glued during their entire stay, the swimming pool care taker who was always ready with Towels, Mr. kuldeep, Jugal, Dinesh at the Hotel entrance who always welcomed us with a warmth and always bid adieu with a smile.
Also would like to compliment and thank the entire Hotel Team, room service guys , housekeeping guys, the guards, gardeners, and everyone for their zeal armored with a ‘Never say no attitude’.
Everyone at The Hotel made us feel Special and pampered.
Am still not able to forget the Team at check out desk wishing us a safe journey back home which was too touching as if your family members are seeing you off..
I am grateful to Mr. Shreyas ladde the Revenue manager because of whom this visit was made possible.
Had he not booked us, we would not have had this experience of a life time.
Would certainly recommend this Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family