“Delicious food and good service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Silk Route Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 265 Restaurants in Agra
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We at The silk route welcome tourist for delicious Indian , Chinese and Mughal food. Come taste the flavors of India and feel the culture of the country ...
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and good service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

I go to Agra 2-3 times a year and I always love to go to eat at The Silk Route restaurant. The service is good and friendly, but most of all the food is tasty and delicious and safe for a western stomach. If you are interested to see how your food is prepared, you can see it through a window. You can either choose indian or chinese food from the list. At certain times there is also a buffet.

It might be a bit hard to find TSR restaurant on your own, as it is behind a relatively small doorway. It is opposite the Howard Park Plaza hotel and next to some shops. But you'll be amazed how big the restaurant is, so it is very good for big groups also. While you are waiting for the food, you might see a puppet show. The tables are made of black marble and decorated in the same style as the Taj Mahal. In TSR you can spend a relaxing moment from the hustle and bustle of the streets and cool down on a hot day. I can (and do) recommend this place!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anu H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Hyvinkää, Southern Finland, Finland
“Good food , good service. I recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

It was my first time in India and Agra. My sister had been here before and recommended this place. Food was really good and there was plenty of it. We asked them to make us plate with different kinds of foods, for example paneer and butter chicken. It was delicious. Service was good and people were very friendly.

• Visited December 2010
Tokyo
“Terrible tourist trap, avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

I had researched and made a list of 5 restaurants and then asked locals which one they thought was the best and they took me here, I had the appetiser and then left to the one I had picked (Pinch of Spice).

Being in this restaurant made me feel I was in a gift/souveneir shop and not a restaurant. I would avoid it.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank tokyo12
Bengaluru, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PATHETIC!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

After our visit to The Taj, we were looking for some restaurants near The Taj on tripadvisor.com and we spotted this one and becuase the reviews were good, we thought about giving it a try. The moment we stepped in we were impressed by the ambience but we were totally unaware of what was in store for us. The restaurant was deserted except for a table occupied by people who seemed to be friends of the restaurant manager. We ordered some indian food and some chinese. The tandoori chicken served to us was not at all spicy and over and above that it was totally tasteless. The rice was STALE! Chinese was more than pathetic with the soup being nothing less than hot water! I wonder why this restaurant has good ratings in tripadvisor.com. I believe this place is meant for foreigners who get deceived by cab drivers who take them there and because they arent aware of how Indian food actually tastes, they dont realise that they are being served tasteless, STALE food! A total rip off with no value for money! In short this is a PATHETIC restuarant and please dont go by the ratings it has got!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank dipinv
tel aviv, Israel
“Nice place, but food not such good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

Our driver brought us here. The place has nice decor and surroundings. We found the food to be average and relatively expensive. Fact is no Indians were eating there, even our driver bowed out of joining us. In fact, there were only tourists there, when we were there. But if you are looking for Western level of comfort and toilets - and dont mind overpaying a bit...

• 4 of 5 bubbles