“Made traveling solo a breeze!”

Amin Tours Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 100.00*
and up
01 Day in Agra, Taj Mahal Tour by Shatabdi...
Ranked #47 of 274 Tours in Agra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Amin Tours, Recommended by Lonely Planet India, published in 2013, 2015 & April’2017. Taj Mahal Private Guided Tour including Entrance Fee.
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I am a single female traveler that was going to Agra alone and very apprehensive, my friend got sick and could not join.

5:15AM Pick-up from hotel to Delhi Station, the driver Deepak escorted me to the platform and waited until I go on the train and seated. Train departed at 6:30am, arrived in Agra @ 8:30am.
8:30AM My guide waited for me just outside the station with a sign with my name
The tour includes Taj Mahal (3 hours) the Agra Fort (2 hours), break for lunch at a notable 5-Star restaurant (no worries about food safety), Fatehpur Sikri, a really cool palace an hour's drive away, and finally photography moment @ the opposite side of the Taj at sunset.

My guide Hilal Ahmed was excellent. He didn't make me go to any extraneous shopping stops of his friend/uncle etc and his explanations and knowledge of history was thorough. He also used to be an ex-photographer so I got some amazing shots and angles per his suggestion.

@8:30PM I was again escorted to the platform and the driver waited with me until I had boarded the correct train and another driver was there to pick me up in Delhi and drop me off at the hotel. I tipped all involved parties for their excellent service.

Thanks again Amin Tours! You made my visit to Agra a safe and worry-free one.
The tour fees excluded tips but includes pre-booked train tickets, lunch, all admissions and a driver for the day.

2  Thank iamcanadianenuf
All reviews
"day trip"
in 185 reviews
"taj mahal and agra fort"
in 75 reviews
"met amin"
in 13 reviews
"new delhi"
in 70 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 22 reviews
in 11 reviews
"the entire trip"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I did the one day tour to visit the taj mahal and the other sites of Agra with amin tours.

Our guide was local and provided great insight and history of the area and buildings. The taj mahal itself is stunning but the other sites such as the Agra fort and fathepur sikri are also well worth visiting.

We had to make some last minute changes to our trip but amin was very accommodating.

I also took the 1 day city tour of Delhi with Amin tours and found this to be another excellent day.

1  Thank Roconn
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was in India for Business and had some time to travel during the weekend. Booked with Amin tours just by reading reviews on trip advisor. Traveling by myself as a female in my 30's could be a challenge in India but Amin tours made it possible.

I visited Jaipur and Agra from Delhi by Train.
Booking and communication with Amin was very easy. I was able to pay in Agra at the end of the tour which made it a lot easier.

Please read the whole review, there are likes and dislikes I just want to be helpful to all the travelers!!!

I took the train from Delhi to Jaipur, picked up On time but the tour in Jaipur was not all that great. The tour guide was knowledgeable on the sites but I was not taken to all the site described in my Itinerary. I met Amin the next day after my tour to Agra and he explained to me that actually that tour guide was not his staff - i guess he hired someone to take me around rather than send his own people to take me around in Jaipur- this might be part my fault since i was supposed to go via car then i decided to go via train since the traffic can be a nightmare. Even thought I do have to take some responsibility for last minute changes I don't think the tour company should not provide the complete service. They supposed to be professionals! That is their job. This part of the trip rated 3 STARS

I stayed in Jaipur, then took the train to Agra. I was picked up on time with no problems. Hilal is an amazing tour guide! The tour in Agra was nothing but awesome. He is a very nice tour guide, won't let people bother you, he will get the people out of the way so you can take pictures and he knows every single angle of the Taj Mahal. He is also your personal photographer!! This part of the tour was great 5 STARS!!

After the review of the tour i wanted to share with you some of my experiences during the tour:
- I bought a "marble" frame Please beware of things that you buy in INDIA - even thought the tour company took me there i am sure now that what i bought is not real. The frame broke in transit - even though i carried with lots of care on my carry on. Not sure if the tour company works directly with this shops or not but i am in the process of asking Amin tours to help me with a refund process since they took me there - not sure i will get anything back but i thought i will try- Because of this incident MY OVERALL RATING GOES DOWN TO 2 STARS
- If you think your guide and driver did an outstanding job give them a tip. Tip is not a custom in India but they work really hard to show you around! Specially in hot summer days!
-Pack some snacks and plenty of water
-Make sure you print out your itinerary (from any tour company) so you know where you are supposed to be going!

Happy travels!

4  Thank ck2ilu
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The booking process from the UK was smooth, communication was quick and clear and we agreed to pay when we came to Agra (at the end of our tour), which was all great.
As it turned out our flight was delayed, so we arrived in Delhi too late to get the train to Agra, but I was able to contact Amin while waiting on the tarmac in London and rearrange a bus transfer instead, so all was not lost. When we arrived at Delhi the driver had sent us his contact number and met us outside the terminal. The bus was plenty big enough for the 5 of us and we had a fabulous trip to the Taj (all credit to our driver and guide), a lovely lunch and managed to avoid some of the shopping opportunities by declining politely. So all good, until we were watching the sun go down over the Taj and our guide suddenly announced that there was no room on the train home and we would have to go back by bus too - ahhhhh. Having already spend 5 hours on a bus getting there this wasn't what we wanted to hear but there was little we could do. When I raised this with Amin at his office when we went to pay, he explained there were less carriages on the train that day due to some VIP's travelling and as we were wait listed for the train anyway (which I wasn't aware of) there was nothing he could do. It was apparently the first time this has ever happened to him ??!! Anyway we lived to tell the tale and had a great day, but if I have one word of advice it would be to make sure you have confirmed seats on the train (if there are such things) and are not just wait listed.

2  Thank EppingGirlie
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I booked this tour purely based on Tripadvisor review....and everything worked out great. After I made my deposit, Amin emailed me with booked train ride and detailed itinerary.

Our day went something like this: Hotel picked up in Delhi to the train station, escrowed to the train, picked up outside the Agra train station, visited the Taj, the Fort, had lunch, visited craft gallery, visted Sikri, went back for a sunset view of the Taj, went to Amin's office for payment, back to the Agra station, picked up @ the Delhi station and back to the hotel.....lots of coordination and it went smoothly! Our guide was nice and so was our driver. The AC car used for 3 of us + guide + driver was comfortable. The only thing I need to mention is that the "breakfast" and "dinner" served on the train is bad and small in quantity, so you need to pack your own/eat prior or you will be very hungry! The guide took us to a not-so-happening lunch restaurant, so we requested him to drop us off @ a near by 5 star hotel, it all worked out fine. (If you want buffet lunch, they all start late @ 12:30pm)