All reviews chapatis family life place to stay taj mahal a great stay train station asha hosts homecooked india taxi roof sunrise
Reviewed 21 July 2017

For the first time we booked a homestay, And it was just beyond our expectation. Rooms were so managed and clean. we were four friends and as girls we felt so safe and secure. Homestay was actually so homely & friendly. Host & his wife guided us about visiting Agra. We got full space like a 2 BHK portion. Host's house was beautiful. Location of the Homestay is also at right place, near to Tajmahal and Agra Fort. Our experience with the Homestay was Great.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jas_je279
108Sandy, Owner at Indian Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Jes, Greetings from Indian Homestay Agra !!!! Thank you for taking your precious time for writing and sharing your experience. It was really awesome to have you with us as our guest. Your appreciation of our product and related services. Indeed boosts up the morale of my Family. Thanking you once again and looking forward to your visit to the homestay in near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The host was super nice and his wife Ashu showed my Sister how to put on a saree. Nothing was too much trouble. Meals less spicey and to suit my mums needs. Air conditioning was very much appreciated as it was very warm weather. We were given a local homely experience which was lovely.” Thank you Sandeep We will visit you again :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shivkumar S

Dear Shiva Sir, Greetings from Indian Homestay Agra !!!! Thank you for taking your precious time for writing and sharing your experience. It was really awesome to have you with us as our guest. Your appreciation of our product and related services. Indeed boosts up the morale of my Family. Thanking you once again and looking forward to your visit to the homestay in near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I can say that I have been traveling in India for a month now and this place has been the most warmest and tidiest place, the owner helped me to arrange pickup, and gave me crucial information. It is very helpful for the people who come to India for the first time. Room was neat and clean, they also have a balcony with owner playing the Harmonium - just feels like home. Ashu's cooking is great, she cooks everything fresh. The place is also close to the Taj Mahal I left a lot of memories here and feel like my own home, I'm going to miss it here.”

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank yogendra s

Dear Yogi Sir, Greetings from Indian Homestay Agra !!!! Thank you for taking your precious time for writing and sharing your experience. It was really awesome to have you with us as our guest. Your appreciation of our product and related services. Indeed boosts up the morale of my Family. Thanking you once again and looking forward to your visit to the homestay in near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Most friendly and helpful staff and owner ever, so lovely and great first impression of homestay. Couldn't have been more sweet, giving me directions to Taj Mahal and other areas along with a helpful map, ensuring an early check in. If nothing else had gone right with homestay was littile confused because my perception for homestay was mot that great but fortunately everything about the homeatay was exceptional, and I don't give praise lightly. It was clean, stylish, roomy with excellent service. Food was beyond good and great value for money and service in both places attentive and efficient. Room itself was well equipped and comfortable. I could go on but suffice it to say I was very pleased with my stay, and although short and sweet this time, I hope to be back for a longer visit in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tara D

Dear Tara Ji, Greetings from Indian Homestay Agra !!!! Thank you for taking your precious time for writing and sharing your experience. It was really awesome to have you with us as our guest. Your appreciation of our product and related services. Indeed boosts up the morale of my Family. Thanking you once again and looking forward to your visit to the homestay in near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I think Agra is a difficult place to negotiate and we were fairly happy with our choice here.

First the space:
We found the room comfortable and clean and thoughtfully decorated. We were warm and didn't go without anything. It was fairly good value for money for the city I think.

We were provided with breakfast at any time which was basic but fine and we could have seconds of anything we wanted.

The homestay is an auto rickshaw or taxi ride away from the Taj Mahal but this was totally fine for us as we prefer somewhere peaceful and the area near the Taj where many tourists stay was hectic!

Now the issues:
Mahatma (the owner) and his assistant (sorry can't remember his name) helped us out a great deal, but we were sure what was going on between them and taxi drivers.

Mahatma arranged for us to be picked up at the station at 3am at no extra cost - great! We thought it was a rickshaw but it ended up being a taxi.

The drivers who picked us up at the station waited for us outside of the house even though we had not asked for this. They were angry at us for sleeping in late (we went to bed at 4am) and demanded money and it seemed not negotiable even though we had never asked for a tour! The assistant got in touch with Mahatma by phone and he was helpful but there were a lot of heated negotiations (regarding costs and taxi versus rickshaw) and we weren't sure of the assistants role in all of this.

Eventually Mahatma made a deal with the drivers for them to take us around for a day for no extra cost on top of our accommodation. We weren't sure about sticking with these drivers as we did not like/trust them. It ended up being ok. The drivers were nice enough. But we were always on our guard as the tried to up sell (e.g. another day of touring, going to shops). They talked us into a restaurant that was over priced where they clearly got a cut from their mares.

Perhaps other tourists who are not so concerned with money and prefer convenience would have been fine with this situation. We found it annoying and exhausting. We just wanted a basic auto rickshaw ride to the Taj and would go from there (we prefer to see things at a slower pace rather that be rushed to lots of things) and it had all become so complex!

During our stay, Mahatma was nowhere to be seen except by phone while his assistant helped up with everything directly. Mahala materialised the night before we left bearing sweet spot and hung out with us for breakfast before we left and was very friendly and accommodating and we appreciated his attempts to smooth over the situation.

Having said all this, this is kinda how things work in India and given that Agra is known to be a bit dodgy we were happy after all. It could have been worse and we were never really unsafe or at risk.

• Stayed: February 2014