Stayed here for a day. Each room is named and we stayed in Hamlet. Hamlet had a small veranda with chairs to relax and have tea/coffee facing the lawn outside.
Spacious bathroom and TV was provided. We could not find any plug points for charing the mobiles, had to remove the bedside lamps and use that to plug and charge.
It has the fireplace with chimney and no extra charges for the fire. Johny is the person who helps you with these. Very friendly person.
This is located on top of a hill away from the traffic, crowd and noise. Yet very close to the down.
Just get down the hill you are close to collectors office in ooty, go up the hill and have a quiet stay and best view. If you get up early morning, you shall sit on the lawn and see the birds around.
Bullbull, sparrows and hummingbirds are commonly seen.
Very beautiful house which was constructed 150 years back, now converted into a place to stay. Good british style interiors, Glass house, dining room again with a british interiors.
One of the finest place for food. Many just walk in for food alone. Ask for the rooms facing the lawn and garden. There are rooms which are inside the dining area with little privacy.
Food is excellent.
Points to remember
1. No plug points for charging mobiles (one need to remove the bedside lamps and then plugin your stuff)
2. No mineral water bottles, local water served in flask.
3. Hot water available from 6:30 am/pm to 9:30 am/pm (during other time, you need to inform them)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Booking.com, Expedia, Yatra, TravelGuru, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your King's Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Cliff Ootacamund
- Kings Cliff Hotel Ootacamund