All reviews toda cafe jade garden swimming pool higher floor travel desk chinese food panoramic view nice property room service excellent hotel under renovation in house welcome drink play area breakfast and dinner hotel is located courteous staff
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Hotel rooms were nice and staff was very helpful. Food was average however the view from the hotel was amazing, covering the beautiful views of the city. Kids had loads of fun in the recreation club. Overall a nice play to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
vinodgempark, Front Office Manager at Gem Park-Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have your stay with us and we appreciate the time taken to review us at Trip-Advisor.

We are happy that you had a lovely experience with us. We constantly strive to give our guest the best of the services and such positive feedback encourages us to do even better.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We had a safe and perfect stay at the hotel. The hotel has great views of the city. Hotel staff is very co-operative and friendly. Food was amazing. Had great experience. Awesome location to enjoy with your family.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
vinodgempark, Front Office Manager at Gem Park-Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Gem Park Ooty !!

We are happy that you had a pleasant experience with us.We constantly strive to give our guest the best of the services and such positive feedback encourages us to do even better.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

This hotel is excellent, the staff is brilliant. I had a personal incident which involved my mother forgetting her 2 rings in the hotel room , we realised that when we reached Bangalore airport. I called the hotel Manager- Mr. Vinod, he helped me in recovering them. I really appreciate it.

Not only this we checked out on 19th Aug in the morning around 4.45 Am, the staff arranged us the packet of breakfast. I would really recommend this hotel to everyone. If you need any further information I can be reached at +91-9910144442.

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Gem Park Ooty !!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Me n my family stayed for 2nights in this hotel... Worst house keeping service no room maintenance. Irresponsible hotel staff. Previous guest who stayed in my room hv done hair shave on the chair n bed which was not cleaned at al they allowed the same room for us after noticing I requested the house keeping to clean the room but was again d same prob. Requested the reception to change the room but they dint oblige. Unfortunately I hv to stay in same room as it was pre booked. I forgot my cell charger in d room while checkout. Later I cald hotel n requested to send my charger to my address after paying all the service n courier charges charged by hotel but they even failed to do tat. They collected the money n sent some other charger which was not mine n which was not working too. It's my concern to all the travellers not to waste ur money on this property.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AnithaM144
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here over a weekend in August. It's an excellent property, located at the center of ooty with some lovely view of ooty city and nearby mountains.

The breakfast and dinner buffet setup is great. It's a nice spread with some tasty and hygienic food.

It has nice kids area where you can chill out with your friends and family.

The rooms on the higher floors have a better view. We stayed on the sixth floor and the view was excellent.

Now the hickups -

The indoor pool and that whole area is closed for renovation. That's an excellent place, incase you are planning to spend some nice and relaxing moments with your family.

Faced problem with the water supply. Everyday in the morning first we did not have hot water, after complaining it started coming but extremely muddy colour. Again you complain, and the water supply stops. Again after a long time it reinstates with everything fixed. All this while your had to wait in the middle of your shower. A quick temporary workaround would have been highly appreciated.

Trip type: Travelled with family