“Nature!”

Ranked #1 of 202 Speciality Lodging in Ooty
wilhelmshaven
“Nature!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

It was a very nice experience to be in the mountains, it is a bit artificial but the kids loved it, the climate is great and you are away from all the noises. The food is good, a bit expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe rooms, they are nicer then the luxury rooms, who are more expensive.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank inge l
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
bangalore
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We travelled to destiny farm end march , it was a perfect stay in all terms - room, food, activity and to top it all hospitality. My son did horse riding, fed cows , fishing , farming and also saw a kiddies movie in the afternoon. I challenged my fear of heights by doing zipline !

Food was eclectic and every bite was delicious, cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: all rooms have similar view, luxury room comes with fireplace.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank monishanand
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 3 April 2012

First the honest confession- I made the reservations here because no other decent hotel was available in Ooty during the year-end without realizing it was quite far off from Ooty. The place is called Red Hills.
We parked our car at King's Cliff & hired a cab till Destiny's own car park (smartest decision I ever made). From there on few more kilometers roller-coaster ride in the pitch-dark truck to the resort. By then all of us were exhausted & my father was mad at me for booking in this resort. I asked for a room in the main building for my parents in all my emails to them which they did not pay heed to. Then we were informed there would be no room service available. Obviously I threw a fit & at the same time requested them to manage it for that night atleast for my parents' sake! Well! The dinner was served at our rooms & we all slept well :)
The next morning the first look out of our window & we melted! It was spectacular & then we realized the rooms were the best ones- huge with beautiful wooden floor & words cannot describe the view. God bless Destiny! My mother, who has knee problem, refused to shift to anywhere else. My father stopped complaining ;) Destiny is nature lovers' paradise. The stable, the dairy farm, the food processing unit made a picture post card view in reality. The air I breathed cleansed my system! I could spend hours sitting & watching the view! The decor was simple & minimalistic making the rooms look even bigger!
I would have rated the food average if not for the melt-in-the-mouth Kebabs in the year-end celebration fare. For the celebration the buffet was huge. I couldn't even tasted everything!
I was already satiated by Kebabs, song & dance & bonfire :) so I skipped rest of the dinner!
The service was good. We asked for room-heaters which we got in minutes. When asked for the dinner at room we got it served withing 20 minutes.
If you are planning for a trip in & around Ooty go few more miles to give Destiny with its pristine lake- Avalanche a try! You wouldn't regret!

Room Tip: avoid the rooms in the main building :D
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Shalini S
Bangalore
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Destiny Farm Stay is 3 kms away from Destiny Parking Lot. The road is so bumpy that cars will not pass through. So, they take guests in a closed army truck (modified with seats inside). The adventure starts here. You will literally move all 360 degrees, trust me :) Kids will love this 3 kms of drive in army truck at 10 kmph.

Once you reach Destiny Farm Stay, you will be welcomed with a drink and at least 5 people to welcome you and take care of your luggages. There are 3 variants of room - Standard, Deluxe and Luxury. I would strongly recommend to take either Deluxe or Luxury rooms. Picture below is a luxury room that has HUGE balcony. Every room is named after a book, you will see the book and the author's picture in your room. Luxury room has a fire place, you should experience this at night, just too good to experience it.

I have written a detailed review along with pictures at: http://www.travopia.com/2012/04/destiny-farm-stay-avalanche-ooty.html

Room Tip: Book a luxury room, you get a BIG balcony and fire place.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Travopia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Overall was good experience , kids enjoy the horse rides , fishing , and the dairy farm .... The front office miscalculated my bill by less 6k rupees , which I had to pay the rent car driver , half way to Mysore...after verification...
The staffs are friendly , and the whole place was enjoyable , my kids never watch TV for 3 days ....

• Stayed March 2012