All reviewseco lodgeketti valleypre ordervalley viewbritish bungalowmain towntoilet paperrelaxed staymadding crowdooty townsmall propertyhis teamcold weatherroom heatercamp firespecial thanksspecial mention
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Great it’s nice, no any problems with great experience, with nice properties the environment is too good and i have to suggest if u r trying to best deal at lowest price you will go and enjoy self and spouse with children

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I have booked i india through make my trip on the terms payment at hotel. After certain days I India called me to pay the booking amt else they will cancel my booking & they did the same.Not reliable to believe them.Horrible experience...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank siddharthg308
i-india, Manager at I-India, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear sir, You have booked through makemytrip and they have accepted your booking not as per our clauses (we have not agreed to accept booking PAY AT HOTEL bookings). We never accept confirmed booking without full amount in advance. We have conveyed your case to Makemytrip as soon as the booking received and we have not accepted the booking. We directly called you to make the advance to confirm the booking. So the booking was cancelled as per the booking policy. Please understand that your case is not direct relationship with I-India and yourself. You can believe I-India as we have done such things to customers...

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Where to start?
We were so looking forward to staying in this 'Eco-lodge'. It looks really nice in the photos.
The experience was less than enjoyable, which is a real shame as it has the potential to be amazing.
The surly staff, the general grubbiness, the blaring TV, the CCTV everywhere, the poor hygiene ... I could go on.
Everything was too much bother for the young man, who wanted to sit at the computer and play on his phone the whole time. Toilet paper, blankets (it is very cold), had to be asked for - twice!
The tables were not cleaned between meals - a cardamom pod that was there on our first night was still there on our second breakfast. The hand-wash area in the dining room is disgusting.
The basin in our bathroom was cracked and stained. I have no idea what is spattered up our bathroom door.
All in all, if the staff spent more time on customer care and housework, this could be wonderful. The views are stunning and the building itself has so much potential. The food is good, albeit limited, and the gentleman who was there on our last morning was more polite and helpful.
It could be great. At present, however, I would say not to bother.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
i-india, Manager at I-India, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Lona,
we are sorry to know that you were disappointed with the stay in I-India. We were in the process of painting , replacing wash basins etc. Everything is fixed up now. Hope you will have a wonderful time when you visit next.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I-india is a very nice British-style cottage placed on the hills of Ooty. Though the panorama is beautiful, getting there is definitely not easy, unless you are up for a 50minutes walk from the city centre. Since there are no tuktuk stops there, drivers charge you for both ways (INR 250).
Rooms are clean and spacious, a little cold - heat is not provided, they charge an extra INR 300 per night if you ask for it - especially showering in the morning is not very comfortable.
Breakfast and dinner are both awesome (homemade dosa & coconut chutney highly recommended).
If you are interested in visiting Ooty and the area around, ask Suresh, he's extremely kind and ready to help.
Overall we had a good stay and we'll always remember playing chess in their common room.

Staff - Suresh excluded - could be more polite and friendly.
If bathroom amenities could be provided without asking, that would be nice as well.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2017

I would have give a 4 star or 5 star rating to this review if the property was maintained in proper condition. When we checked in, me and my wife were in a dilemma if we did the right thing by booking this property; after all it won the Tripadvisor Excellence Award in 2015. But I guess they have hardly tried to maintain it in the same way ever since.
The good part of the stay was welcoming staff and they provided good service.
The property itself is located in a convenient distance away from main Ooty town, at about 4 km away. We liked this since we did not have to bear the onslaught of the heavy holiday traffic because of the distance from the main town (We had gone on 3 day holiday and the city was overflowing with tourists). It is also a convenient 200 meters away from the Ooty- Conoor highway.
The hotel is a converted old British Bungalow. You will find fire places inside the hotel (not used now because of the smoke they produced- as informed by staff). There are no views outside to any of the rooms- the older properties in the area have smaller windows to keep the cold out. You can request camp fire outside for Rs 500 an hour.
The owners could take a note of the following for areas of improvement:
- Cleaner linen
- A TV in the room is not absolutely necessary but other equipment like a room heater and stocked mini bar is a must.
- Most importantly, please do think of giving guests a control over when they want to use the water heater at their convenience, though the same was turned on for most of the time when we visited. We were travelling with a baby and this would help travelers like us. Though we did not face a situation when we needed the water at middle of night but the facility is always welcome.
Overall it was a good stay but the property itself is not so welcoming if we chose to stay in the hotel itself for the entire duration of our stay; we were out for most of the time. Special thanks to Mr. Sourav and his team for making the stay good one despite the shortcomings. Food was also good at the hotel; a pointer- order from the menu they provide.
Note: Visitors can walk down to a view point from where they can see the train emerging from a tunnel down in the Ketti Valley. Lovedale station is 2 kms from the hotel on this road. Ask direction from the manager.

Room Tip: If possible take rooms with two beds. They are bigger and have a bit more charm than the standard deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family