“Cozy get away”
Review of I-India

I-India
Ranked #8 of 220 Speciality Lodging in Ooty
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The I-India Hotel in Ooty is a lovely, cozy and affordable place to stay with very friendly helpful staff including the Manager Mr. Sabi who ensure your stay there is most comfortable. The location is idyllic allowing you to sit back and enjoy the lovely view of the valley below while soaking up the sunshine. The food prepared by the in house cook Mr. Jayaprakash and the main chef Mr. Suresh is excellent. The I India Hotel in Ooty leaves us with some of the best memories of Ooty, and it will definitely be the place to stay when we go there again.
From: Mayur Jaidev & Sudha Joshi

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mayuur
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I -India is superb with its location, facility and accessability, of course the hospitality. I enjoyed the stay with my husband, of course he will compare any facility with 5-star hotels as hes is a business traveller. They made us comfort even during a heavy raining day.There are champions in any department with a well groomed facility manager (Gokul) and a nice cook, he can cook anything with a homely taste. And special thanks to Mr.Sabi for his hospitality and a free advise for the locality and the best places to visit in Ooty

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shailashree
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Our local friend suggested this ideal hotel for us when we planned our trip extension to Ooty from Mysore. Stay in I-india was one of our memorable stays in our life. a marvellous location. forget about the sight seeing spots in Ooty. Pull a chair and experience the valley infront of you.. though a small heritage bunglow, it was kept clean and maintanied well. Hats off to Sabi and crew. they made our stay unforgettable.

Room Tip: if you don't like a hotel atmosphere, go for I-india
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goldfather
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The first thing that came to mind as soon as my car U' turned to the property was; 'WOW'.
The combination of a beautiful Location, friendly Management and courteous staff, and a reasonable budget, is a rarity I’ve found here!
I'm a compulsive traveller - I’ve stayed in lots of places and forgotten most of them and remember none of the staff who manned them. But my stay in I-India is simply unforgettable, and I'm sure I'll never forget the manager Mr. Sabiraj – he put us all in ease with his extremely friendly attitude.
The kids enjoyed the open space and specially the fireplace at night.
Would I go back? - Definitely!! I’m recommending it to my friends and to anyone who’s reading this!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Biju R
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I had a pleasant stay at this place and people were very hospitable. I actually had recommended 2 other friends to this place and they too enjoyed their stay. The manager in the hotel at that time (Shabi) was very friendly and that added on to the stay, I would defiantly visit the same place given a second choice.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family