“Horrible hotel (especially standard room has No Standard)”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Maneck Hotels

Maneck Hotels
Ranked #69 of 78 Hotels in Ooty
MUMBAI
“Horrible hotel (especially standard room has No Standard)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

considering the climate at ooty we have booked standard room however the room has no standard it appeared to be even worse than the dormitry....luckily i could upgrade to Delux room but in case the room would not have available it would have been difficult to get along. Make my trip & even other serving travel website should not even display the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sunkissed281109
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

Good medium budget hotel to stay in ooty..it's jus in 10 minutes walking distance from bus n rail station service over here is better n people in management are awesome.. They prove to sayin anytime..liked dis hotel n it made my stay pleasant

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Frenjain
hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

A very good budget hotel if you are in Ooty during peak season. This hotel is not for guys who wants to stay away in silent place. The hotel is located in Main bazaar of Ooty. It was a fun time for me walking around crowded streets of Ooty. The hotel is so well connected to frequent visiting points of city. The hotel is at a walkable distance from Commercial street and Charring cross which is a must visit places for fun and shopping lovers. Childrens park and Ooty boat house is also near to this hotel. Overall very good connectivity in city.

Good Hospitality is what I liked very much during my stay. Hotel staff is very co-operative and very well behaved. The only complaint I have is that during my 3 nights stay nobody turned up to clean the room. Interiors of room is very well maintained and pleasant. It was a surprise for me that hotel does not have fan installed in room. But soon I came to know that, it is really not required in so cold atmosphere of Ooty.

I booked Delux room and it has all basic aminities like 24 hours hot water facility, TV, doctor on call, etc. Hotel has their own Travel desk. They arrange daily Sightseeing tour in mini bus and if required through personal vehicle at very affordable costs. Hotel also has own restaurant. Food is another thing which I cannot appreciate about. It is OK, but not so good.

During your stay in Ooty, I would definately recommend to have a evening walk with your spouse to have Woodfired pizza near Hotel Nahar with a hot sip of coffee.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bnl_cool
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

In Nov. 2007 me and my wife travelled to Ooty after coming back from a trip to north side. I'm a sweaty guy...so I always prefer to travel Hills stations instead of going to metro busy life. Was newly married....so thought to visit Ooty for spending some time alone with my wife :-). As I like to travel, rather than staying in Star hotel...I prefer good sanity/clean hotel with budget price. We went to Ooty from Bangalore through Bus. After reaching there.....started searching for hotels. It was terribly cold there that time. We got 2-3 brokers who wanted us to show some hotels. They show some hotels.... the price was little bit high comparing to the values they provide. At last one broker told "Sir can we walk around 300 mtr...there is a good hotel". I was little tired...was denying...but agreed to see this is the last chance. He took us to "Hotel Maneck". We saw some Deluxe rooms...after seeing I felt It's the hotel I was searching for :-) But was thinking...the rate might be very high. But surprisingly the rate told to us was really very less. Again I bargained a little to give us little more cheaper. Infact they provide the rooms very cheaply in off season.

We stayed there for 3 days. The rooms were really nice... with red color carpets on it. There were double beds with all other amenities. Surprisingly I found there were baby/infant bed which was attached inside the Box pattern bed. I laughed and said "We will come with our baby later to this hotel" :-) The outside view from the window was really nice....white white snow on some areas. The carpets were clean, Bathrooms were completely clean. There were TV, phone, hot water, Towels, Thick cozy blankets etc. The staffs were good behaved staffs. They have a restaurant in the ground floor. I didn't liked the food that much....as they were little a type of south indian food (I'm north indian). They provide hot water to drink in the winter too. One good thing is that they have their own travel...So they aked us we can book our seats in the mini bus for sight seeing in Ooty. I booked and we really enjoyed with other families going for sight seeing in the mini bus. We visited lot of places including the lake and tea garden. At the time of returning back.... they provided us the free drop to the bus stand. So nice.

Those were memorable days...I still remember the name of the hotel and recommends my friends who go there. It's nice hotel with budget price. If you plan to go in Winter...then it's damn cheap with good service :-)

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
chennai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2010

25 may 2009 ,we came to a beautiful hill station Ooty.We booke d one month in advance Hotel Maneck a budget hotel that provides comfortable accommodation and efficient service at reasonable prices. It is also the closest hotel to the famous Jain temple in Ooty.it is in main bazar.we got a excellent service at affordable price.getting such a budget hotel in ooty is realy a great luck.it charges only 1000/- for a doublebed.
as it is in main bazar and near to all picnic points we could spend all our time in a useful manner and wasted no time.
next day we left from Ooty with happiness of satisfaction.

• Liked — location and budget
  • Disliked — busines service
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)