“****If there is anything more than Worst, then that word should be used, yes, Worst Hotel Ever ***”
Review of Hotel Mount View

Hotel Mount View
Ranked #71 of 86 Hotels in Ooty
Reviewed 30 May 2017

STay Date - 28th May -17.

Well, first of all its not a hotel,its a house converted into a hotel, to start with our terrible experience we two families reached the hotel by 9.00pm at night. When we checked in,

1) There were no towels in the room, no soap, no water, the room looked liked wasn't been cleaned since ages, there was a phone but its a toy phone as it seemed was never been used since the birth of that hotel, sorry the house I meant as I prefer to call it a house rather than hotel.

2)When we took it all to the manager there, he simply ignored all of it and bluffed saying due to heavy rains phone didn't work and all other problems, after that he is hardly seen there.
3) There were few boys who hardly have any professionalism, at night when we asked for dinner,they said dinner not available, so we had to drive back to other hotel in our car (if you dont have your own vehicle, be prepared to fast) to eat, after that we came back
4) There was no A.C, no fan, no space for little bit of ventilation, no soap, no towels, no toiletries

5) While sleeping, at night 2.30am, somebody started knocking the door, don't know who it is and when it continued to be knocked, I have asked who's there but there was no response, after that we couldn't sleep properly, I have almost kept the OOTY police station number handy with me to dial them if it continues since we cannot call reception as there as no phone and no way to call anyone else, somehow the night was passed

6) Next day morning at 6.00am, I went out for rounds and observed there are wine bottles back side of the rooms and it was all smelling like anything, I realized what I suspected was right

7) Next day mrng, when we asked for breakfast, they bought some idlies ( only idlies) and asked to eat, no tea or coffee, when I asked about other things , he said they have to make or get from outside and its chargeable when the booking includes breakfast, then finally we checked out without delaying a moment.

With my experience I am telling better to stay in a dormitry or in railway station waiting room or in bus stand as thats atleast safe but this place is NOT.

Thanks,
Prashant

Room Tip: ***Worst, Worst, Worst, Worst Place ever, Its not a hotel, remember****
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank prasantquiet
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We 2 families stayed at this hotel on 28th May and it's the biggest mistake we made. To start with our terrible experience, the towels provided was red coloured dirty and small towels which I took to the manager and showed him, they apologized and changed towels, shampoo was not there and when we asked room boy he said they never provide shampoos or any other toiletries. The room was smelly and bed sheet was smelling like rotten meat.

When we asked for extra pillow for child they said pillow is available without cover. The worst part is breakfast which they said complimentary but only idli is available. If you want anything extra it's chargeable. There is no fan, no ac & no ventilation, no maintenance. Absolutely waste of money hotel. I wouldn't stay next time even if I was offered for free stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank chaitanya_Bangalore
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a beautiful colonial house and has a great potential. But the service is one of the worst we ever experienced in India. We were the only couple in the whole house but the gang of five-six people "working" there were too lazy to satisfy even the simplest requests we had

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adriana P
Reviewed 29 September 2016

They promised to give a special room with Mountain View, but disappointed with a mediocre room. Cleanliness & Service was poor. And they are charging unbelievably high prices for the Food which has no taste and quality.

These kind of hotels only survive because of the in-flow of new travelers during seasons and don't focus on giving or improving services. Unfortunately, that's how many tourism places are running.

You can happily avoid this place.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

During my trip to ooty from 14 Aug 2016 to 17 Aug 2016,I had to book a deluxe room in this hotel for one day i.e. 14th Aug 2016 due to non availability of any room in other good resorts.
They charged me with Rs. 2500/night and gave us room no. 105. Initially I thought it will be a good hotel but read the following points and you can imagine their hospitality.
1. There was no telephone on any other means to call the hotel staff which is a very basic facility even a cheap hotel provides. I had complained to hotel staff and even to manager but they did not take any action for it.

2. The seat cover of EWC was broken in their deluxe room and they didn't have any idea about it. I requested them to change my room but they refused it by saying that all rooms are booked.

3. Staff didn't know hindi or english, they speak tamil only so be careful.

4. Room had wood flooring but it was broken, so when you walk whole floor will shake. It was scary during night.

5. Very rude and uncooperative manager.

I will give zero star for such a hotel. They are cheating and making people fool after charging so much.
We checked out the very next day due to these problems we faced and will never visit this property again.
Highly not recommended for any one.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family