1,258 results
All reviewssmall hillpeacocks roaminghill overlookingtaj grouphill topbeautiful peacocksmain buildingentire citycolonial stylehill stationbeautiful propertyold world charmcity viewmeenakshi templeexecutive roommemorable stayswimming pool
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights in November 2017. When we arrived at the hotel I was so pleased to see it's location. It is little away from bustling city of Madurai and yet not far at all. Located on the hill you can have a great view of Madurai. Room was comfortable. Good food. Beautifully maintained gardens and the most beautiful feature is peacocks. You see them all around. We enjoyed feeding them and watching them spreading their feathers, looked so beautiful..no wonder it is a "national bird" of India. Staff members are very courteous and helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sthaker
Prakash_Nair1, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Pasumalai Madurai!

I am so pleased to hear that you cherish your experience with us and I am glad to note that the overall quality of services and facilities at the hotel measured up to your expectation appreciate the caring and personalized service offered to you by my team of dedicated staff.

Your kind words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our guests.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at The Gateway Hotel, Pasumalai Madurai for many more enriching moments to come.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Comfortable hotel in woods on a hill overlooking the city. Too far from the heart of the city so not much good if you want to get out and about. Prices for food and drink reflected in its remoteness. Pleasant enough but hardly a taste of India.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Prakash_Nair1, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Pasumalai Madurai!
We are delighted to receive the review of your wonderful stay with us. It is indeed a team effort with an unwavering goal towards guest satisfaction, which constantly motivates us to be on our toes.
I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. Our endeavour is to ensure each guest is given a wonderful experience.
Looking forward to your continued patronage and assuring you of the very best in hospitality in the true Taj tradition, always.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This hotel is very nicely landscaped and many of the rooms have balconies and an excellent view of the city. However, there are some stairs to climb with no elevators. Nonetheless, the overall quality of the hotel is excellent. Great buffet breakfast; pleasant and accommodating staff that provides excellent service and very clean rooms.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Pasumalai Madurai!

I would like to thank you for being a valued patron and write to you in reference to your feedback regarding your stay at The Gateway Hotel, Pasumalai, Madurai.

It is the feedback from our esteemed and valued guests which gives us an opportunity to further enhance and refine our processes to achieve customer delight.

We look forward to welcome you back as and when you plan your next visit to our hotel.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I never expected anything so beautiful and perfect to be located at the heart of Madurai! The hotel has an old world charm and is surrounded by acres and acres of greenery,gardens with peacocks for company and breathtaking views. Rooms & Cottages are tasteful decorated, built on different levels gives a hill station feel and the beds oh! you just sink right into them .
The Restaurant caters to a variety of cuisines, which worked well for us, a family of fussy eaters. A quaint little gift shop was all the shopping we needed to do - super convenient and good collection of jewellery & home decor - definitely worth a visit. The library, the book shop and early morning yoga sessions added more smiles to our stay.
It was a pleasure staying here,I thank each member of the staff for making it a wonderful and memorable stay for us-they were all so helpful and warm . Thank you and keep up the good work .

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 November 2017

This hotel is a "Colonial Building" the style of which you will either love or hate! It has a very dark interior and the bar area desperately needs new furniture!
We had booked an Executive room which was some way from the main hotel building and down a very long steep flight of steps so if you have any disability you should be aware of this. The room itself was spacious but again in need of updating. the bathroom had a shower, sink and loo - in my opinion in need of a very good clean!
The restaurant, again down a flight of steps but here there was a slope for wheelchair access, served lovely food and the service was good but the ambience sadly lacking. You could eat outside which was fun as peacocks roam around hoping for the odd tasty morsel.
This was a hotel that settled the bill in Sterling without asking whether we would prefer Sterling or Rupees and of course the rate was very much in their favour so guests should be aware of this.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Pasumalai Madurai!

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the hotel.

I am glad to note that the overall quality of services and facilities at the hotel measured up to your expectation.

We have also made a note on opportunities for improvement. Let me assure you that we will certainly work on the feedback provided to the best of our abilities. Meanwhile we have also shared your concerns with the design and development team for future considerations.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback which encourages and motivates us in creating a beyond expectation experience each time.

Assuring you of our best services and attention at all times.