All reviewsnice hotelrooftop restaurantcold towelshigher sideroom serviceroom was clean and comfortableboth veg and non vegcomfortable stayfood qualityhotel staffan upgradebreakfast buffetwelcome drinkmeenakshi templeshort staymain templecity
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

I write this from my noisy room at Star Residency in Madurai. I'm on a family holiday in south and by far this has been the worst place we've stayed at. Located near the Anna Bus Stand, the hotel is in the heart of the city BUT its on the main road. This makes the place unbearably noisy. To begin with, we were given dirty "standard rooms" on the first floor. The bathroom stinks. After making some noise about it they agreed to change the room to "delux" on the 3rd floor. The beds were with broken mattress springs and the staff refused to give us in room tea kettles (which is standard everywhere now). After once again shouting about it, they changed the mattress but refused the tea! The restaurant "Dakshin" is overpriced and really nothing worth writing about. The hotel staff refuses....please hear refuses to understand Hindi! We can barely manage to get even a morning cup of tea without raising our voice.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank anandberia
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Nice hotel, nice service, food a little bit pricy, but good for lunch and dinner, you can find cheaper is you go outside. The breakfast was a big let down in my opinion. The room service also doesn't seems happy when I give them 40 rupees for bringing my luggage to my room...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank rimz16
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I ended up at this hotel because all hotels in the city were fully occupied as it was an auspicious day and there were hundreds of weddings at meenakshi temple. I realised thet this is an overpriced hotel when i mingled with the locals. The service was terrible. The doorman and the security will insist on tips. Room service is slow. Sometimes they don't respond. No complimentary breakfast. I vacated and went to another hotel at 60%the price with complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I had a booking with this excellent hotel (Showed in pics on the site). I reached Madurai and the Cab from the Hotel came for the Pick-up also. I went to the hotel but the rooms were full. The receptionist wants me to fill the reservation form. I did the same and asked us to wait for a while. Ten minutes later the receptionist informed that the rooms are full and were not vacant. We became blank. The feeling was terrible. We were cornered. There was no place to stay then. One more important thing is that WE WERE NOT GIVEN ROOMS BUT WERE ASKED TO PAY Rs. 250/- FOR THE CAB PICK-UP. Pls if you cant give proper service to Corporate clients, Pls dont take bookings.

For Business Visitors,

THEY ARE GIVING CORPORATE DISCOUNT OF 30% BUT NO ROOMS BOSS...

TAKE CARE

Room Tip: Pls dont go to this hotel if you are given discount and Mr. Fron office manager mails you for the confirmation... Its all fake
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed at the Star Residency on a business visit. Decent place, the rooms are good and the service is nice too. It was my first visit so very down south India, so I went all out on the local cuisine. The hotel has got some very nice options for food, but if you are the street foodie then there is a nice vegetarian restaurant behind the hotel (I dont remember the name right now) which serves good south indian vegetarian fare. Hygiene might be a slight issue but then it goes with the scene.
On and on a good stay at the Star Residency. You can always come back if you want to!

Room Tip: Guess most of the rooms are ok.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business