“Nice and quite place to be fresh”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coonoor
Ayurveda Yoga Retreat
Mumbai, India
“Nice and quite place to be fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed there for a week .... Staff is very nice, humble and efficient.... ayurvedic treatment and food for rejuvenation was nice... location is nice, beautiful and peaceful.... After one week i felt full of energy....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jkjain1979
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed there for a six weeks the experience was excellant. when I reached I was in a very bad position mentally and physicaly. but after the course of treatment I felt 99% of myself. The Programe organised by Dr.Mouli for my mental and physical well being was excellent. I saw very bad reviews in the foram but I went ahed and had a wonderful stay. All the staff including cooks, therapist and receiption staff were always there to help me. I thank the all mighty for giving me the wonderful opportunity to stay there . Gold bless them all.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Kalyanidelhi
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

I don't usually write reviews but after staying at this retreat I feel I have to warn people. Owners are just out for money and nothing else. The atmosphere was awful and everyone I spoke to felt ripped off. The staff are extremely rude for the fact that you have paid a stupid amount to be there. 95% of people left feeling no better and having gone through so much. Even if they know they can't treat your illness they will let you pay, arrive in India and then tell you this!!! Seriously if you want a real Ayurvedic experience find another place as there are MUCH cheaper places in India!

Obviously it is completely up to you if you visit but don't say you weren't warned! Learn from other peoples mistakes and hold onto your money!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
14 Thank worldismyoystercard
ayurveda111, Public Relations Manager at Ayurveda Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Dear Readers,
We are completely surprised and appalled to the degree that these comments do not hold any truth. We surely feel sorry for this guest who was an epitome of negativity right from the very first day. We have and will stand by our contents stated in our web-site and this guest's comments about our staff being very rude is the first we have ever come across. We have enough evidence to prove that this guest's statement about "95% of guests leaving without feeling any better" is totally false.
We cannot stress enough about the fact that we request the guests time and over again to let us know about any issues/complaints and not wait till the last minute. We try our best to make sure every guests' need is met, but there are some that are completely unreasonable, unfair and totally beyond our control. Some guests tend to take advantage of our Retreat - a very recent example - one guest stayed for 5 weeks, thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from the treatments and stay, but as soon as the owners went out of town, he started making unreasonable demands by asking for a refund for his last week of stay from our manager. These situations are totally uncalled for and this results in guests writing bad reviews on Trip Advisor about us. There are readers who believe the few negative and fabricated reviews.
Then there are guests who come every year and spread the word amongst their friends and family and we are very thankful to them. We wish all our guests - past , present and future a very happy, healthy and blessed life. Also, please choose your place carefully - cheaper always does not mean better, its your health and your decision...
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

It has been my pleasure to stay at the Ayurvedic retreat in Conoor for 21 days, and meet Rekha and Kantilal, the owners. They are very personable and caring people who are totally dedicated to pleasing their customers. This place Conoor is very pleasant, up in the mountains in the middle of tea plantations, very beautiful area.... It's definitively a good place in india to come and heal. For the money invested in the stay, you get such an array of treatments, massages, good diet, yoga thrice a day if you care to attend, etc, etc... and much more. You could never get such care anywhere else in the world, ( at least to my knowledge). In other words you get your money worth and beyond!
I personally came quite sick and within a few weeks I already feel better, lighter and stronger. The doctor in residence is very good at what he does and very patient. All the personnel from the massage therapists to the cook and all the cleaning and assisting staff is very helpful and attentive with that special good heart you find in india. Now it is india and I have stayed in india quite a lot. When coming from the West especially, it is imperative to understand that india is not like the West. It is better to approach this retreat stay with a spirit of thankfulness rather than expect to find Western standards. It is Indian standard at its best here at the retreat and I go back with a feeling of great relief for my health and very thankful to all the people involved in making this miracle happen.
My best wishes to Rekha and Kantilal and all the staff!

Dominique, Vermont USA

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Amendola
Ostend, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed in this resort for six weeks as a student.
Was not sick in arriving, but ended in the hospital arriving back at home...
The owners are the most false and bad people that I know.
During my stay, several guests and even students just left the place, of course without any refund...(but ! free fungus in your room)
And remember... take enough toiletpaper with... jou will need it... and they let you even pay for it...
I hope for everybody that they close this place asap.
Just something good = dr Sundar ! but this guy should better be off in another place !!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
11 Thank Justliketotravel
ayurveda111, Public Relations Manager at Ayurveda Yoga Retreat, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
We are sorry for how this guest feels about our Retreat. While most everybody arrives with a positive attitude , focusing on their goal and depart with a great rejuvenating and life-improving experience, we are just amazed beyond belief that this guest thinks we are a "horrible resort"! ( quoted from his e-mail )We did not have much communication with him , and if he had any issues, we would have been more than happy to resolve them before he left. Here is the e-mail he sent us "I played the last week your game and was friendly and nice... but you should know that it was because it heard from everybody how stupid and false you both are !!!
Sitting in front of your room and pray will not help you...
Enjoy the nice remarks on tripadvisor..."

He claims to be a professor of theology - atleast he could have worded correctly with proper English grammar.
We are sorry that he thinks that praying does not help! Also, he contradicts his own statement by stating that he "played a game of being friendly and nice" . It is very obvious from his e-mail that his thoughts are purely based on hearsay since he seemed a gentleman when he arrived. And no, no guest/student left mid-way, all stayed their scheduled time frame and we gave free treatments to a student who demanded refund the last few days she was there . We request time and over again to everybody - please inform us of any issues the first few days/weeks they are there, but they choose to do this to us the few days before their departure, which becomes very difficult for us to resolve, since we have to be fair to everybody on campus.
We hope and pray that souls like him find peace sometime in their lives...We have no hard feelings against him for writing this review on TripAdvisor.