“Average service, good food, expensive,don't stay in single room.”
Review of Hotel CAG Pride

Hotel CAG Pride
Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Coimbatore
Chennai, India
“Average service, good food, expensive,don't stay in single room.”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed in CAG Pride in November during an official visit. Hotel is in the middle of city. I had to stay in single bed room as i was entitled for that as per our office policy. Room was quite small & congested. There was no view from window. I found the bed sheet was dirty. so i had to wait for 1 hour to get it changed. Washroom was small with limited toiletries . The positive point was they have complimentary breakfast & dinner buffet. Food was ok. I cant say about other rooms. But please don't stay in single room in this hotel. Room is not as per standard, they charge for that.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I first stayed at CAG Pride back in 2006 and it was good then. I travel to India each year and every time stay at CAG Pride. I have never been disappointed with the service or the standard and quality of the rooms, but my visit in December, 2011 passed all previous levels of excellence. CAG Pride has had a face-lift and the renovations are outstanding. Couple the new physical appearance of the hotel with the wonderful service by extremely friendly and accommodating staff, and you have a place to stay that will always be superior to other hotels. It is no surprise to me that CAG Pride is the #1 hotel in Coimbatore. I absolutely recommend this hotel to people visiting Coimbatore. Congratulations to the management and staff of this excellent hotel. I look forward to my return with the next group from Australia later this year.

new delhi
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We booked this hotel as it was rated no.1 by trip advisor. I am sorry but I beg to differ. The good bits are that the staff members are courteous and eager to serve, the rooms are well appointed and the cleanliness is satisfactory. However we did face some difficulties during our stay there. We checked in at 1pm (not an unearthly hour) but had to wait for 20 mins before our luggage was brought up to our room. Our key card didn't work and we had to request the housekeeping guy cleaning the room next door to let us in. When we complained we were instructed to shove in the key card hard 3-4 times in the slot to make it work. We ordered lunch from room service at 1.15 which arrived 1 hour later and the rotis they served with the food were the worst I have ever had in my room service ordering life. I had to leave very early in the morning to catch the toy train to Ooty and it took the reception guy half an hour to process my bill. Thank heavens I had anticipated this and was at the reception well before time. So all in all I can only rate my experience as average.

INDIA
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Had an opportunity to stay at CAG Pride on a Business trip. The front office staff are very courteous and went out of the way to make me comfortable as the room was not ready when I recahed in the morning. The lobby has a new decor and the seating is bright. Rooms have been recently done up and looks good. The service in the restaurant is good and spread for breakfast and dinner is quite good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank VIMII
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I had been in a business trip to Coimbatore and happened to stay in this hotel for a day and half. Had read lot of great reviews about the hotel before travelling. The best thing about this hotel is hospitality. Extremely courteous people and the way they recieve you is something which is really worthy of appreciation.
Room is good, comfortable. Had problems with hot water in the morning as the water was lukewarm, but I guess it was one of case as in the previous evening had no such issues. They serve complimentary breakfast and dinner which has quite a lot of variety. Food is tasty. However, they dont seem to refill the food soon enough in the buffet trays.
Wi-fi connectivity in the room is a plus in this hotel. And the housekeeping and room service are really prompt.The tariff I feel is slightly on the higher side, since I have stayed in equally good hotels in Chennai for lesser price.
Overall a good stay.