1,151 results
All reviews race course red pearl chinese restaurant business trip swimming pool coffee shop business hotel idli buffet spread excellent stay in room dining value for money the heart of the city comfortable stay courteous staff excellent hotel hotel is located
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I went to Coimbatore in August this year on official purpose and stayed at Vivanta by Taj Surya which was an approved hotel by our organization. This hotel is centrally located and is on the way from the airport to the city. The hotel is located at just about 3 kms from Gandhipuram, Cross-cut road etc., where one can go for shopping. Walkable from the hotel is Hotel Annapurna where one can get good food. The hotel offered me complimentary breakfast as part of the package which was quite good. The breakfast spread was decent and they even offered to pack things for lunch at no cost. As my colleague and I shared the same room, they charged Rs.1000 extra which was nominal. The room that was given to us was spacious. However, the design of the bathroom was not appealing to us. Though we had booked the room with the information that two people would stay, the towels and other toiletries were kept only for one person. We had to repeatedly call the house-keeping to get additional ones which was a bit annoying. The lift had a strange way of operating. One had to first put in the key and then press the floor that one wants to go. This could be for additional security purpose, but was not customer friendly. Other than these, the room was kept clean on all the three days that we stayed there. We could get good sleep also. The cost was lesser than the other famous hotels around. This could be because of the negotiated price. However, one can consider staying in this hotel while taking the family also.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank janaki_thiagarajan
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Excellent hotel with very hospitable staff. Comfortable rooms and great service. Pool is very clean and spa are worth trying . Had a perfect stay at the hotel while I was in Coimbatore on a business trip.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We drove into the Vivanta by Taj - Surya from Bangalore and were immediately welcomed by a lovely drink and taken to our lovely room which had a great view of the city and the tree lined 'race course' road. Lunch was at the Latitude, a buffet made up of an eclectic mix of continental, chinese and indian cuisine. The Laal Maas was exquiste...the vegetarian sushi not to be missed and the desert spread absolute sin... I settled for the sugar free fare.
The missus and I made reservations at The Spa for great relaxations massages. The therapists are very well trained and knew which buttons to press to get the machines cranked up and tuned to go.
We had a wonderful stay and left the next day fully refreshed.

Room tip: Ask for rooms with a view of the city and Trichy road.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The stay was comfortable. I was very much happy with the welcome I got. I was escorted directly to my room..no stopping at the reception for check in formalities.
Room was neat and tidy. All accessories were in place.Buffet Breakfast was good...food quality was excellent.
Two negative points:
1. The minibar list in the room had many items, but when opened the refriferator, it had only one chocolate bar.
2. After booking the room, I had sent mail enquiring for a pickup from airport. My mail was not responded to for atleast 9 hours. Then I called up teh hotel to check for pickup, I was put on hold for 10 minutes, and was told that the reservation person is not available. They promised that I would get a call. I got a call immediately...but I had not expected this kind of delay and unresponsiveness from Taj group of Hotels.

Room tip: Just stayed once, so cannot comment on room location
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank bhush_y2k
Reviewed 14 September 2012

specialty Chinese fine dine in Coimbatore, food is great, one of the best tasting Chinese restaurants around, the dishes are very mellow and linger in the taste buds for a while, ambiance is class apart, service is excellent, desserts are exotic, try the chocolate spring roll...savouring the taste...must visit restaurant in Coimbatore...

Room tip: visited the restaurant, take the corner tables
  • Trip type: Travelled with family