“Pearl of a Restaurant”

Vivanta by Taj - Surya
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Coimbatore
Reviewed 14 September 2012

specialty Chinese fine dine in Coimbatore, food is great, one of the best tasting Chinese restaurants around, the dishes are very mellow and linger in the taste buds for a while, ambiance is class apart, service is excellent, desserts are exotic, try the chocolate spring roll...savouring the taste...must visit restaurant in Coimbatore...

Room Tip: visited the restaurant, take the corner tables
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jaggu916

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have decided to start my own 'Taj Trails', which is staying at least 1 night in all Taj Hotels across India. They are that good. I reached Taj Surya, after a not so long drive from Munnar.

The check-in process was smoother than ever. A front desk office, Ms. Shalini was waiting for us, and escorted us directly to our room. We stayed in the Deluxe Delight Room which is by the pool on the 2nd floor. The room was very tastefully done up, and my wife, an artist & designer, had a lot of good things to say about the various elements in the room.

The food was regular Taj food, not as good as in Pune though, I still miss the Keema Pavs there...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SomilMittal
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had an overnight stop over here during a business trip. Whilst this hotel is very nice, there is something missing from the architecture or ambiance which otherwise make one feel at home. Perhaps it was the restaurants right next to reception with the only other exit being the lift to the rooms. I was on the 5th floor facing away from the race course so I did not get the benefit of that view. The a/c worked so well that I had to turn it off. The room was a bit small for my liking but there was an HDMI TV input for my smart phone. I was none to fond of having to pay for internet considering the hotel bill. A nice hotel, but I think I will keep looking for the perfect stop over in Coimbatore

Room Tip: I should have made a point of asking for a room racing the face course. The view in the opposite dir...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim J
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night with my family. The welcome was very good with hotel staff even presenting a surprise for my 1.5 years kid. That was really awesome. Then the staff went ahead in explaining the hotel which was nice. Only problem service had was in the morning where I believe the staff was having trouble in looking after the guests. But room was excellent with pool view and special mention for the bar which was stunning. Rates were on higher side considering the city and the availability even though i got weekend package. Overall a nice experience.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank anki607
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed for a night, which I consider as most comfortable. Wonderful and efficient reception formalities. Nice room with all usual facilities at a reasonable price. Staff at all level very helpful, friendly and professional. Breakfast was excellent in all respect and Restaurant services were made it more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business